1/32nd scale Spitfire Mk1

dylan the rabbit

I'm trying to track down a Revell mk1 Spitfire kit (#04715 with the Hasegawa wings), but am coming up empty handed, both at online shops and evilbay

I've seen pleanty of earlier production Revell 1/32nd Spit Mk1 kits (Lone Eagles #4555), but I'm not sure if they have engraved panel lines on the wings. Do they?

I also understand the 1/32nd Revell Seafire kit can be made into a Mk1, but that the gull wing shape is all wrong.

Any advice guys and gals?

Cheers,

Nick

I'm trying to track down a Revell mk1 Spitfire kit (#04715 with the Hasegawa wings), but am coming up empty handed, both at online shops and evilbay

I've seen pleanty of earlier production Revell 1/32nd Spit Mk1 kits (Lone Eagles #4555), but I'm not sure if they have engraved panel lines on the wings. Do they?

I also understand the 1/32nd Revell Seafire kit can be made into a Mk1, but that the gull wing shape is all wrong.

Morning, Nick.

You have it the wrong way round on the later Revell kit. It is basically the Hasegawa V kit (nice, lightly raised panel lines) with new, engraved wings, not hase wings with a new fuselage.

The Lone Eagles boxing is the old, all Revell kit. It is actually not that bad if you don't mind it not having the gull wing. The current "Spitfire build" forum on Hyperscale shows several.

The Seafire is Revell's adaptation of their own old Spitfire kit.

Hope this helps...

Morning, Nick.

You have it the wrong way round on the later Revell kit. It is basically the Hasegawa V kit (nice, lightly raised panel lines) with new, engraved wings, not hase wings with a new fuselage.

The Lone Eagles boxing is the old, all Revell kit. It is actually not that bad if you don't mind it not having the gull wing. The current "Spitfire build" forum on Hyperscale shows several.

Hope this helps...

Gotcha. I stand corrected.

I would prefer to have a gull winged kit. That is a major feature of the Spitfire!

There's not much out there though. I can only seem to find a Hassy Mk2b, but I'm after a kit for a BoB Spit.

Oh well. LEt's see what comes from a bit more trawling.

Thanks for the help though.

Cheers,

Nick

Morning, Nick.

Hope this helps...

The Hase IIb is a bit of an oddity, since the IIb was practically non-existent in real life. The kit is their Vb kit with the early oil cooler off the I/II kit and probably the prop and windscreen.

You could hack a late Ia out of it fairly easily - file off the Coffman starter bulge, back-fill the cannons and their associated wing bulges and file them off, do a bit of panel line deletion, and rescribe for the A wing.

You might also change the ailerons to the earlier fabric-covered type.

But if you keep your eBay searches up to date I am sure a Revell or Hasegawa I/II kit one will turn up in due course!

The Hase IIb is a bit of an oddity, since the IIb was practically non-existent in real life. The kit is their Vb kit with the early oil cooler off the I/II kit and probably the prop and windscreen.

You could hack a late Ia out of it fairly easily - file off the Coffman starter bulge, back-fill the cannons and their associated wing bulges and file them off, do a bit of panel line deletion, and rescribe for the A wing.

You might also change the ailerons to the earlier fabric-covered type.

But if you keep your eBay searches up to date I am sure a Revell or Hasegawa I/II kit one will turn up in due course!

I think you're right matey. All that work sounds like a real ballache!

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,

Nick

This sounds like the kit that you are after, I built it a long time ago and it was a nice build, only had to rescribe the fuselage to match the new wings. Here's a shortcut to a review on HS.

http://www.kitreview.com/reviews/spitfirei32reviewbg_1.htm

and a review of the Revell offering

http://www.modelingmadness.com/reviews/allies/gb/kolspit.htm

Good hunting

Cheers

Den

HasSpitfire001.jpg

HasSpitfire002.jpg

Edited by spitfire

Coupla weeks ago I picked up this Mk IX at the S.V.M.S. show and it is absolutely exquisite, yes it's pricey but well worth the money from wot I can tell of the box contents. You get a full resin interior, wheel wells etc and just the detail on the two sets of exhausts and the weld (?) seams on the fishtails will blow you away, pre painted photo etch by Eduard and decals by cartograph for six! schemes, two R.A.F. D-Day, one R.A.F. North Africa, U.S.A.A.F Operation Torch, Russian and Italian. Two rudders so a Mk VIII conversion wouldn't be a prob then you could do sharkmouth R.A.A.F. birds too, so with the dollar so weak now would be a good time to buy. Not since the Accurate Miniatures Avenger have I absolutely fallen in love with a kit just by the box contents.

Sorry 'bout the hi-jack

Edited by Leigh