Hobby Boss A-10 "Warthog"

Hi Guys,

Here's my latest project...the excellent Hobby Boss A-10 in 1:48. Pretty much out of the box, save for the decals (an old Superscale sheet), canopy mirrors and lap belts for the Aces seat. Hope the links work? We'll soon find out, so here goes.....Best wishes, Geoff

A-10finishedtopcentreoverallPIC.jpg

A-10finishednoseonsharkmouthPIC.jpg

A-10finishedleftfinPIC.jpg

A-10finishedtailareaPIC.jpg

A-10finishedleftsidecentrePIC.jpg

A-10finisheddPIC.jpg

A-10finishedeeaPIC.jpg

A-10finishedePIC.jpg

:undecided: Sorry about the size of the pics guys...stull getting the hang of the differnt types of links from Photobucket. I've got a few more image son my website at www.geoffcoughlin.com Best wishes, Geoff

Yes, very clean and beautifully restrained, the temptaioon on the hog is to go a mucky as possible, but this just goes to show how good it can look clean.

Great job !

Great job, the pre-shading looks spot on, nice and subtle

Cracking build

Edited by Seamus

love the Hog Geoff :goodjob: , whats wrong with the photos mate as long as I can see the plane happy days :D , went on your site you've got some great tips on there.

Hey Geoff - how are you me old mate?! Long time no speak!

That's very neat looking A-10 - just as I would expect from you! Neat construction, very tidy paintwork and some great pictures. Superb. :D

All the best, Spence

BTW - I just checked out your Website - I love the Canberra, great finish and choice of subject...

Laters!

Edited by Spence

Yes, very clean and beautifully restrained, the temptaioon on the hog is to go a mucky as possible, but this just goes to show how good it can look clean.

Great job !

True- but did you see the one at Fairford last year- blimey- there wasn't even any paint left on the nose!

Nice job tho- I've been wanting to see what one of these looks like built up- thanks for sharing.

Hey Geoff - how are you me old mate?! Long time no speak!

That's very neat looking A-10 - just as I would expect from you! Neat construction, very tidy paintwork and some great pictures. Superb. :D

All the best, Spence

BTW - I just checked out your Website - I love the Canberra...

Laters!

Hi Spence, good to hear from you too and thanks again for the Canberra pics - still love that finish!

A couple of you have asked about the fit. I have to say that mine went together really well, especially the wing joins, flaps and engines. I found with the engine intake rings it works well to cut off the mating lugs and then they fit really well. I added mine after I sprayed the intake interior separately and that helped with handling. The rotary cannon can't actually be seen unless you chop away some of the panels but I wanted to build this one mostly straight from the box - although you do get a well detailed gun inside the fuselage, but I couldn't justify spending lots of time on something you won't be able to see!

Rubber tyres, but I found that juts dusting them with grey pastel chalk gives them a pretty realistic finish, so that may be useful?

All the best guys, Geoff :drink:

Thats superbly finished, just the right shading effect and the business end looks A1!!

Any close shots of the pit?

Hi there,

Many thanks for the positive feedback on the A-10. I'll take some more pics of the cockpit and post them up when I get a few moments. No Probs. Thanks to everyone else for the feedback - very much appreciated. Best wishes, Geoff

Ohhh...excellent build mate, cracking and very fetching........Ok let's see some gomer try and cut a piece of bacon off this hog :devil: .