Hey,.... I could be the first to post.

geedubelyer

That really does look pretty tasty GDub, looking forward to seeing it done and dusted. What made you opt out of foiling the engine cowling? Not a critique, purely out of interest.

I do like your style of painting...something very realistic and subtle about it I can't quite put my finger on. Do you lighten your paints for 'scale effect'?

Also, sand the bottoms of your wheels a bit :D You'll probably forget :D

Thanks for the kind words you guys. Very much appreciated. Oh, and thanks for the heads-up on the tail skid Nick. I don't mind anyone telling me stuff like that. There are plenty of times when I get caught up in the build and forget bits 'n' bobs. If you see anything else just yell.... :thumbsup:

Jakester, I don't consciously do anything special with the paint, I think I've just been lucky! And as for the tyres, I'm not sure whether to sand them flat or not. From what some guys say the older tyres were at fairly high pressures :hmmm:

I plan to plonk some chocks in front of the wheels at some stage and hope that they'll disguise any tippy-toe appearance.

Alot of you blokes will have enjoyed a calm, sunny day here in blighty and as we all know,....."make hay while the sun shines...."

After work I decided to have some fun :wicked: ......NO!!, not that kind of fun...... :whistling:

I took a couple of quick pics of the Camel even though it's not quite ready for inspection and I'd like to pick your brains.

Do you guys prefer this sort of pic?

\/

tn_P4180001c.jpg

tn_P4180009a.jpg

All aged and sepi-esque or,

Do you prefer to see full frontal

:blush: colour shots like this?

\/

tn_P4180001.jpg

Once the old girl is finally complete my intention is to wander into the countryside and get some pics for the "Ready for Inspection" forum.

Just curious to see what folk prefer.

Guy, it looks f***ing great. As for the photos....

Full frontal, from behind, from below, from the side, any angle, and all in FULL colour baby... Grrrrrr....... (Sorry. Just been out drinking..) :drink:

By the way chap, if you're building a jet next time, I'm afraid to say I shan't be summoning even an eighth of the enthusiasm I've had following your build of this stunna!

All the best,

Nick

Gdub, all the pix are fantastic :analintruder: .

My opinion is that the colour pix are better as the quality of your workmanship can be better appreciated as the details can be seen, as can the beautiful paintwork you've acheived.

Lovely job matey!

mike

• 2 months later...

When you see the Camel compared to the SU-27 it just goes to prove what those guys were like in 1917, it makes you believe in the stories that you read that they had to get a bottle of whiskey in to the pilots before they could get them to take off on the "Dawn Patrol"

• 1 month later...

Hi there!

I'm new to this forum, but here's where you can see my built of another camel, well, 3 actually , one 48th, one 32nd, and one 28th scale aircraft. it's in french but only the pix matter.

http://www.master194.com/forumww1/viewtopic.php?t=645

But I have to admit that I recently only concentrated on the 1/48th one.

Here's a couple of pix just to pike your curiosity:

3 seats, different scales (no kidding)

dsc00319wb4.jpg

dsc00319wb4.f58226561a.jpg

The fuselage:

dsc00409xv3.jpg

And part of the underside of the upper wing:

dsc00405as2.jpg

Ciao

Iwik

PS Sorry for the size of the pix. Will do better next time.

• 4 weeks later...

That's it I'm freakin' bloody reporting you to the nearest constabulary, You have the audacity to steal a museum piece and say you built it. I will hold the phone call if you share your secrets, Ok so its black mail, so sue me. :D . Damn fine job. I love the side by side comparison yesterday and today.