Gloster E23.39 Pioneer

Hi all

I baged this one from my LMS this morning and thought I would join the 90 years GB, it is the one from Eastern Express and is not a bad little kit, only gripe is the cockpit is empty but thats not a problem.

Box shot....

dsc004701qq8.jpg

Contents....

dsc004801tw0.jpg

Empty pit will need a bit of work....

dsc004901oo6.jpg

After a little scraping and glueing I think this will be ok....

dsc000101yq2.jpg

There is a pilot to go in and I will add a lttle more detail but as yet I can't find any cockpit pictures on the net, with no references I will just make it look like a basic pit as you won't see much when the lid is on.

The basic airframe glued together, all I need to do now is attatch the flying surfaces and then give it a blast of primer, fill/sand and then once more with the primer before paint.

dsc005001op8.jpg

Not a bad effort for just about an hours work!!!.

John.

Ok, got the flying surfaces on (apart from the tail) and given her a shot of Halfords primer, she looks a bit of a mess now but the primer has not thrown up any scary stuff that can't be dealt with.

A bit of sanding to the wing roots and some filling and detailing on the cockpit, hopefully tomorrow I will have the final blast of primer and then the first colour.

dsc000601yi2.jpg

dsc000401hx3.jpg

Comments welcome.

John.

Edited by Fmk.6john

I can't believe you are doing this as a speed build! I took one look in my box and thought Oh Dear.

Yours is looking great so far, and in such a short time.

I think mine might end up on a roundabout diorama!

cheers

Grant

Well I just couldn't put her down so I have got the gaps filed and sanded, fitted the tail and tidied up the pit, she is now sat with her final coat of primer on and looks the bees whatsits!, you will have to trust me as the camera has gone to bed!!.

The pilot has had the first bit of paint and I will start the mask/paint tomorrow, hopefully I will be done by the weekend.

Regards,

John.

Hi all

A little update, the 'speed' part of this build hit a little speed bump in the road as it were, the yellow paint for the belly took a little longer to dry between coats and took three to get it sort of ok.

The picture is not quite in register with the colours and the yellow looks a bit bright but in real life it is quite ok.

dsc000103ul7.jpg

dsc000102ro9.jpg

The wheel wells are painted and the intake is too, the pilot is ready to go in but the pit still needs work before the lid goes on, then it's on to the camo.

Comments welcome,

John.

Hi all

Just a quick update, got the camo done and although not in the pcture the decals are now done, I have even had a go at making a base for her too!!!.

dsc000402jh1.jpg

Comments welcome,

John.

Thanks Daz

Just got to hammer the undercarts home and she's done.

John.