Tamiya 1 48 Lanc

Phartycr0c

Hi all, I have a B2/3 kit and am currently in the process of putting it together without the instructions as they were missing.

That is why it came at a bargain price!!!!!!

All is going well except............ In the box was a tiny bit of paper with two numbers E5 and B16 scrawled on it.

As I have progressed I have realised that these are the numbers of two missing parts. E5 I know is the cockpit base, can anyone give me an idea as to what B16 may be and wether it is structurally important or if (hopefully) it is an optional part.

Correct with E5. B16 is the sitting part of the R/O's seat. Easily scratch built. 4 legs as indicated on the floor and similar, but wider than the navigators seat.

Check this out. The eduard PE modifies the seat http://www.eduard.cz/products/pdf/n49/49371.pdf

HTH,

Dave.

Edited by Dave Gibson

Hi Pharty.

Dave and IanLanc are the experts on this beast,so they won't lead you up the garden path.

If you need any reference material then give me a shout as I have loads of stuff scanned onto my computer.

BTW Dave,surely you mean W/Op's seat :analintruder: R/O indeed!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Mark

i've got a spare instruction sheet you can have, send us a PM if interested OR have a look on the link its for the new grand slam its the same kit but you will have to have a look at the pictures for the front/upper turret bomb bay, just click on any of the pictures on the link to get full size ones :speak_cool:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10020181

heres a few pictures of the turrets/bomb bay, which will help you out :hobbyhorse:

khgjhj002je7.jpg

khgjhj003hi5.jpg

khgjhj004vk0.jpg

hope this helps... ian. :violin:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the guidance chaps. Im sorry for the late reply as Ive been orf on me hols for the last 1 days.

Ive managed to obtain a copy of the said instructions and the build is well on its way.

I will post a couple of piccies at the end.

Again very many thanks