1:72 Xtrakit Meteor NF

Well i`ve decided to build this as a practice for when i want to build my second of these kits in XI(F) Sqn markings. I`m thinking of building this as an NF14 of XXV(F) Sqn, possibly the one below which i photographed on display at Newark Museum.

My potential subject

Meteor.jpg

The usual mug shot of the box.

Box.jpg

The decal sheet

Decals.jpg

The kit itself

Sprues.jpg

Not entirely confident of my ability to either complete this model or for it to look anything like the actual jet itself pictured above. But hey it`ll be something to add to my experience.

Good luck with this, I made the orignal Matchbox offering years ago and made a right hash of it although it was an enjoyable build. Lets hope you have better luck than me.

Windy

Edited by Windy

I don't wish to put you off ( :wicked: ) - from the experience of other folks you will need plenty of filler on stand-by.

peebeep

I'll second that, having done 2 frenzied "putty fest" Meteor builds last month!

Matchbox Meteor builds

Although to be fair, apart from the areas that I modified, it was mainly the fuselage top deck and wing joins that needed filling. Locating the main undercarriage in the right place is also "challenging".

Best of luck!

:) FredT

Take a look at my Cold War GB thread from last year.

I built 3 NF-14 Meteors simultaneously - which caused some interest.

This was originally one of Matchbox's better kits - with lots of joins instead of trenches.

Best of luck, Tim

My aim is kind of half way netween the two. Looking to be a weathered faded colour but no way are my skills upto being able to replicate how she is in the photo. To be honest i`d still rate myself as a newbie as far as my skills go. And now i`ve read a few comments mentioning a fair bit of filler need :wacko:

But for me the main aim is to actually get a kit finished! It`ll as give me a chance to play about and try to improve my almost criminal painting abilities!