Phantom FG.1

Got a bit more done, even with two jobs :D

Airbrakes on

PhantomFG1013.jpg

Underside of the fuselage. The front part wasn't an easy fit, but I got it done ok

PhantomFG1014.jpg

Gasbags and gunpod. the bags have just been glued together, the gunpod is, more or less, ready for paint. The black doodad is for the stand

PhantomFG1015.jpg

Academy Display Stand for Aviation Models (that's what the instructions say!)

PhantomFG1016.jpg

Progress!

-even if it's slow :wacko:

I spilled some glue on the wing. After it had cured, I sanded it down and filled the sink-marks from it with "Gekko-Filler" (sprue dissolved in glue, first time I heard of it was from Richard aka Gekko-1)

PhantomFG1017.jpg

Then sanded it down and rescribed

PhantomFG1018.jpg

Sorry about the blur, but it looks almost as good as new :D

Then fitted the wing

PhantomFG1019.jpg

PhantomFG1020.jpg

PhantomFG1021.jpg

Instructions (-we don't need no stinkin' instructions!) calls for the intakes to be fitted firs :wacko: I hope I haven't buggered it up :unsure: Quite a seam where it joins with the front-lower fuselage.

All for now

Martin, how's it going all going with the Phantom now? Only 13 days left now! Are you going to get it done from there?

Karl.

I have some putty/plastic drying on it right now, will do more tonight or tomorrow. I can see some light at the end of the tunnel. No decals yet, but I've been told not to worry :)

I have some putty/plastic drying on it right now, will do more tonight or tomorrow. I can see some light at the end of the tunnel. No decals yet, but I've been told not to worry :)

Once the intakes are sorted out it's plain sailing from there on... keep it up!

Karl.

I would say dry fitting, then abit more dry fitting, oh and then a bit more dry fitting, then glue :whistle:
:lol: I guessed as much!

So, have I been unlucky and gotten a kit where those small inlets on the nose looks like :shit: poo? I might as well have used two square pieces of plasticard :wall: Oh well, they're on now and sanded to shape.

Edited by hatchet

:lol: I guessed as much!

So, have I been unlucky and gotten a kit where those small inlets on the nose looks like :shit: poo? I might as well have used two square pieces of plasticard :wall: Oh well, they're on now and sanded to shape.

Bet they look better than my nose will, dont forget, youve seen a photo no one else has seen :yikes: Dont give in now Martin, its a Phantom, you cant do a MC Sean The Hammer on it :analintruder:

Bexy

Pictures! :analintruder:

Scratched the HUD-frame thingymajig

PhantomFG1022.jpg

PhantomFG1023.jpg

Those pesky inlets, whatever they're for. I think I did ok :)

PhantomFG1024.jpg

PhantomFG1025.jpg

Underside, after putty and re-scribe

PhantomFG1026.jpg

Put the ailerons on too

PhantomFG1027.jpg

Finally, an overview

PhantomFG1028.jpg

All for now, enjoy

Looks pretty good to me Martin, especially the little intake thingys on the nose :thumbsup2:

Bexy

Gettin' there!

Intakes attached, canopy masked and glued on

PhantomFG1029.jpg

PhantomFG1030.jpg

Doors for the aux. inlets tacked on

PhantomFG1031.jpg

PhantomFG1032.jpg

Front view - you can just about see that there's actual paint in the inlets, not just white plastic

PhantomFG1033.jpg

Looks pretty good to me so far Martin, I like the look of this one :thumbsup2: Intakes look nice and smooth too :goodjob:

Bexy

Yes indeed, it's painting time.....

Great stuff, Martin and keep up the effort. Sorry if I've missed something, but what scheme did you settle on? Looking forward to it whatever it might be.

Andrew.

Yes indeed, it's painting time.....

Great stuff, Martin and keep up the effort. Sorry if I've missed something, but what scheme did you settle on? Looking forward to it whatever it might be.

Andrew.

The gloss grey/green/light grey one, hopefully 43 sqn XT874/J, '72