Phantom FG.1

I'll try my hand with this:

PhantomFG1002.jpg

And I've already gotten something done! :partytime:

PhantomFG1003.jpg

Seats put together. For some obscure reason, it's a job I loathe :wall:

PhantomFG1004.jpg

Grey on the tub. The un-painted patches are where the seats will go.

Need to dig some pilots up. As you can see, Fudgeme decided to use white styrene for this, that's always fun :fraidnot:

Edited by hatchet

Errrr....are you going to modify the nose?
Not quite sure I follow you mate - if it were to have the doppler-nose, I'd need to cut the nose off the fuselage as is and fit the doppler one.

Not quite sure I follow you mate - if it were to have the doppler-nose, I'd need to cut the nose off the fuselage as is and fit the doppler one.

The kit you have as a basis is the A&AEE FG1 XT597 which was unique in having the 'flat' on the bottom of the nose. The service FG1 did not have the 'flat' and was a different shape overall so you'll need to check plans if you are going to do a 111 a/c.

Rich

The kit you have as a basis is the A&AEE FG1 XT597 which was unique in having the 'flat' on the bottom of the nose. The service FG1 did not have the 'flat' and was a different shape overall so you'll need to check plans if you are going to do a 111 a/c.

Rich

I know, but to get the flat nose, you have to remove the original nose and attach the parts for the doppler(?) nose. The fuselage, as supplied, have the standard nose.

I know, but to get the flat nose, you have to remove the original nose and attach the parts for the doppler(?) nose. The fuselage, as supplied, have the standard nose.

I'll get my :coat: ! I didn't know that, sorry to wind you up Hatchet, I misunderstood!

Enjoy the kit, it's a beauty.

Rich

I'll get my :coat: ! I didn't know that, sorry to wind you up Hatchet, I misunderstood!

Enjoy the kit, it's a beauty.

Rich

It's ok Rich, I had an idea of what you meant! Takes more to wind me up ;)

For anyone interested, the XT597 nose is surplus to my needs, as is the PE, WM, vinyl, decals and open canopy :D

For anyone interested, the XT597 nose is surplus to my needs, as is the PE, WM, vinyl, decals and open canopy :D

I would definitely be interested in the nose, what do you want for it?

I've already built XT597, but without the nose mod.

email me with your requirements to [email protected]

Thanks Hatchet

Ted

Nice build by the way.

Ooh ooh, Martin,

The white metal and the open canopy would be greatly appreciated here! Need some more pilots? Seriously, if they're still available, fancy sending the u/c and canopy (I take it you mean the four pieces as opposed to the single part) downunder? Will pay with plastic 'stick actuators'....

I like the way your build has started, hope it's kicking along as I type. I especially like the way you've not wasted any time in the cockpit by painting those parts obscured by bang seats. Looking forward to more progress shots. Is the FG.1 you're doing pre-ESM fintop fit? I've had a sudden thought that Treble-One's FG.1 jets (as opposed to their initial FGR.2s) were ex-RN and had received the fintop fairing. Of course, this is a simple conversion if relevant to your build. Apologies fo r the digression, just typing out loud.

Cheers for now,

Andrew.

You're welcome to them Andrew! Will need your addy (again :blush: )found the addy :yahoo:

Actually, the main-reason behind not painting those parts, was to give the glue something to 'bite' into :)

The kit's got the ECM-fin ;)

Will do more to it tomorrow - not much getting done when working 2 jobs! Fortunately that's only in odd-numbered weeks.

Edited by hatchet

You think you know a kit..........

Thanks very much for the bits, is it too late to claim the PE as well? What would you like in exchange?

Hope you get the opportunity to tackle the kit again soon, as I'm looking forward to seeing your progress and the Treble One CO's jet done (I take it you're doing XZ574 'Z' ?). All the best.

On a different topic, who's the lovely lass in your avatar pic? Is she Danish? Does she live next-door? Would she like to visit Australia?

Cheers,

Andrew.

Thanks very much for the bits, is it too late to claim the PE as well? What would you like in exchange?

Hope you get the opportunity to tackle the kit again soon, as I'm looking forward to seeing your progress and the Treble One CO's jet done (I take it you're doing XZ574 'Z' ?). All the best.

On a different topic, who's the lovely lass in your avatar pic? Is she Danish? Does she live next-door? Would she like to visit Australia?

Cheers,

Andrew.

I sent the letter today, sorry mate :( Remind me next time we do an exchange ;)

Yup, 'Z' it is!

As to the pleasing lines on display in my avatar, look here. There's a link somewhere in one of my posts for the piccies that were modded. Her name's Mascha by the way.

-I might make a theme for my mobile with her, replacing the Jenna Jameson one I have now :P

Is the FG.1 you're doing pre-ESM fintop fit? I've had a sudden thought that Treble-One's FG.1 jets (as opposed to their initial FGR.2s) were ex-RN and had received the fintop fairing. Of course, this is a simple conversion if relevant to your build. Apologies fo r the digression, just typing out loud.
Well Andrew, looks like you do know the kit - never mind that I'd just been looking at the damn thing!

Oh well, need to break out the plasticard I guess <_<

Hey Martin,

:sorry: I missed this one, why didnt u gimme a nudge :tease: Shes looking good matey, as you know Im rather partial to the odd Twin Spey Lady now and again, cant wait to see her finished :thumbsup2:

Bexy

Thanks Bex, was wondering why you hadn't jumped in :lol:

Andrew, I might get some different transfers for the bugger, negating the need for the plasticard :D

I'm gettin' a bit hooked on these big-bore Phantoms, I can see the need for more kits!

Andrew, I might get some different transfers for the bugger, negating the need for the plasticard :D

I'm gettin' a bit hooked on these big-bore Phantoms, I can see the need for more kits!

Now we're talking! Plasticard may be friendly, but decal alternatives are easier still.

If you need a hand for markings or even another kit (late FGR.2) just let me know. Kick on regardless and I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Andrew.

Now we're talking! Plasticard may be friendly, but decal alternatives are easier still.

If you need a hand for markings or even another kit (late FGR.2) just let me know. Kick on regardless and I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Andrew.

PM incoming!