Bristol Bulldog

AndyL

Hi Andy,

Ummm..... IIRC (?)...

Most of the internal frame (metal) work should be a grey annodised finish or black. Instrument panel a black semi-gloss 'crackle' finish. As for the fabric portion of the fuselage, it would have been coated with a red-brown dope to tighten the fabric and then silver doped, so I usually paint these areas a brick red.

Others may know more though!

HTH

Happy modelling

Christian

When the RAF Museum had their Bulldog rebuilt, all of the internal framing was painted black, including the seat, and heelboards. The fabric only starts from the seat bulkhead, and the cockpit, itself, is enclosed by unpainted, fairly highly polished, metal, on the sides. The top, curved, coaming, over the instrument panel, etc., (usually painted green, on the outside,) was black inside, from the top longeron upwards. Harness was the standard Sutton type (but over the backrest, please, not coming through any holes in the area of the pilot's backside.)

Edgar

Have the Data Plan on Bulldog by Alfred Granger, can forward cockpit photos if you care to PM me. Also going to RAF museum on Friday and will take some pics although I doubt if I can "reach" to cockpit ones. MODeller

Thanks one and all, but now the Bulldog build has been put on hold due to loss of my compressor, and no more model making until I can afford another. Cheers again...

Regards

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to hear that andyl , try - airbrush pro - they could help out here . apparently they are suprisinly good , and cheap ! when my old one eventually pegs it i'll go for one of them . made in china it seems but don't be put off by the price , they have had good reviews . - and check out their air brushes too ! :analintruder: