Avro Tutor "Silver Wings"

OOOHHH!!!

I've been meaning to buy that kit!!

What a great paint scheme on a pretty little bipe!

I'll be looking foward to seeing your progress!

Ted

OOOHHH!!!

I've been meaning to buy that kit!!

What a great paint scheme on a pretty little bipe!

I'll be looking foward to seeing your progress!

Ted

Ain't that a little sweetie :wub:

I love biplanes, be following this one closely.

I also hate biplanes as I'm not brave enough to try one myself.

Go on, build one. You know you want to!

Break the ice man.....

Go on, build one. You know you want to!

Break the ice man.....

If I ever seriously start a 1/48 collection I'd love to do the tammy swordfish. I have my first experience on rigging coming up soon so I'll see how I do with that.

/back on topic!

I was going to build a pair of 1/32 early Spits for the GB, but Cornish, you've got me thinking that I might build AModels 1/72 Hawker Fury II instead!!!

I just picked up the kit and it should be something that I can get done in a month!

Ted

P.S. You're right Perry, she is a little sweetie!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, have been a bit busy this week so am only now geeting around to starting this. I have had this in the Stash for a few months but have resisted the temptation to open the box. First impressions are good.

The injected parts are clean and nicely detailed, with very little flash and the wing rib detail seems well defined. Only one thing seems apparent at first glance, that there appears to be no lower wing mounting guides on the fuselage, so I think positioning these will be fun.

The instructions are clear with Agama and Humbrol colour numbers, although I fell they are aimed at a builder with some experience in reference to the wing postioning etc.

Nice bit of resin and etched parts to add detail, I think the radial will come up nice with some dry brushing and should look good within a polished towned ring.

The decals are ok except that the register on the roundels is off. It has decals for the sunbursts, but I will probably mask and paint these.

Here are a couple of pictures, I'm off to get started.

at2.jpg

at3.jpg