The RAF at 26!

OK. Here we go (I hope).

Meteorbox.jpg

MeteorKit.jpg

Now all I need is to sort out my time management....... !!

Edited to add:

Please ignore the Nimrod that has crept into the picture. I don't think I stand a chance of completing that in a month!!

Edited by Roland Pulfrew

• 3 weeks later...

A bit more progress as I managed to spray the grey. However I have a small problem. The Tamiya instructions say Ocean Grey for the top surfaces whilst the Warpaint Meteor book suggests Dark Sea Grey. Does anyone know which one it should be for a Meteor F3?

Meteor5.jpg

Aaaargh! Not sure what happened but the grey hasn't gone on very well and has "pooled" giving an uneven finish in places. Could be spraying too close, or too much paint/pressure. Perhaps I didn't clean off my greasy fingerprints before spraying. Either way it has meant the wet'n'dry has had to come out so a respray is in order. That'll teach me for rushing!

Meteor6.jpg

Woah! that was a bit of a nasty one with the first paint job wasn't it. Have you any idea what happened with it? Anyway, fantastic save with it because it looks great in the second shots of the camo! Should look very nice once it's finished!

Karl.

Have you any idea what happened with it?

No real idea what went wrong DS. I think it was possibly down to having greasy fingerprints on the undercoat, which the Xtracrylix didn't seem to like.

Anyway a bit more progress (it looks like I might actually meet the revised deadline!!) with all markings now on and just waiting for the final matt varnish which I hope to get done this week or weekend.

Meteor10.jpg

Meteor11.jpg

I've gone for the war weary look!!!