F-15C

Hi everyone,

this is a 1/48 Hasegawa F-15 C I started about two years ago, I messed it up, i.e. glue everywhere, bad paintjob etc.

So, I've stripped this one down, cleaned it up and re-sprayed it. Here's how it looks now.

tl1.JPG

tl2.JPG

You are right, its a lovely kit-I hope I can do a better job on it this time around!

As for markings, I like the OOB decals for the 1st TFW, but I would'nt mind doing one of the Alaska based fighters either. I'm going to see what AM decals are out there before I make my mind up.

Flippin' Eck!

Phil,

that is bloody georgous mate! The paint and finish you have there is what I strive for. Thanks for letting me have a look at that one, its inspirational.

Hi Darren,

Here's one of mine, 426th TFS, 405th TFW. Actually an A model, built before I knew they had different wheels to C's!

DSC00034.jpg

DSC00035.jpg

The special edition Hasegawa kit with metal landing gear and quite a lot of photo etch stuff. The photo etch can be found in the current editions of the Eagle kits. I've always liked Eagles, and really should build more of them.

There are quite a few decals for F-15s, covering its whole lifespan really.Afterburner and Twobobs, along with Astra cover current Eagles, but Superscale, and even earlier, Microscale(!) covered units in the early/mid eighties.

This one has used decals from an Aeromaster sheet, which also includes the 1st FW, 94thFS, 325th FW CO (these two are in Mod Eagle camo) and the F-15 FWS.

Good luck with the rebuild, and Phil, that looks fantastic

Joel

Very nice work Joel! If mine turns out half as nice as that I'll be a very happy man. Thanks for the info on the decals, I'll have a look around.