McDonnel F3H2N Demon

I have now finished this beauty of a kit, and present the 1/48 AZ Model McDonnel F3H-2N Demon (ex-Grand Phoenix moulding) with all the resin and etch you need to make a cracker of a model.

You can see my in progress work on this one here: http://www.britmodeler.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11721

Tamiya XF-2 Flat White and Gunze H315 Gull Grey were the two main colours I used. Promodellers Dark Grey wash for panel line enhancement and then further weathering was added with Tamiya X-19 Smoke, XF-19 Sky Grey and pastels. Alclad Aluminum shaded with Jet Exhaust was used for the burner and burnere plate and undersurafces of the tailplanes. Overall a sometimes challenging but ultimately pleasing model to build. Its totally OOB with the exception of a metal scratchbuilt pitot probe on the starboard wing as the kit part was tooo thick. Cockpit and seat, wheels and wheel bays,undercarriage, airbrakes and jet pipe are all resin parts . Etched parts are supplied for wing fences and upper wing speed brakes as well as cockpit components including instrument panel and seatstraps.

Markings are for Bu.No.137072 of VF-24 "Corsairs" whilst aboard USS Lexington in 1958.

All comments and/or criticisms welcomed as per usual

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0016-1.jpg

IMG_0015-2.jpg

IMG_0020-1.jpg

IMG_0023-2.jpg

IMG_0024-2.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

Edited by mikeew

Thats just pants! :fraidnot:

:lol: not really. I honestly think you've excelled yourself on this one. The weathering is the best you've managed yet, well nice. I have only one, teeny, niggle. Where's the exhaust gas been going? I'd pop a bit of staining across the metal and onto that perfectly clean white tail :winkgrin:

Jen.

Many thanks for all the replies people, it really means a lot.

Phil, good spot with the navlights :blush: , luckily its an easy fix :thumbsup2:

Jen, another good point, I'll remedy the exhausts stain with immediate effect!

Not one of my fave aircraft, BUT bloody nice job mate...lovely weathering on that one. Excellent job doing the model. Prize worthy.

Superbariffic, man. Take your prize and have a seat at the front.