• Announcements

• Mike

DDoS and Brute Force Attacks   09/18/2016

From the day following upgrade to the new forum software, 15th Sept until the 19th, we were under a concerted attack by a person or persons using a number of 'bots and other people's Proxy networks to carry out what is called a Distributed Denial of Service attack, which is a method by which these 'bots submit thousands of requests to the website per second to overload the server and bring the site to its knees.  While this was going on, they were also making Brute Force attacks on our remote communications port to try and breach the server so they could do anything from format the hard drives to change ownership of the site, and bombarding the mailserver with similar bogus requests, some of which left some rather telling details behind.  This was followed up a couple of days later with a further attack that left more data to sift through, which we have passed on to our IT forensics people.On the advice of our Lawyer and fellow member JohnT, we yesterday informed the National Crime Agency and requested their assistance with the matter, and in an ongoing dialogue with them to find the culprits, so we are allowing them access to the server and its logs.    We don't believe that this is a random attack on balance, but for 5 days and a further evening we had to put up with some disturbance and interruption to the usually fast response of the website as we are seeing now that the attack has ended.  We will prevail, and don't worry about it.  We were the target, and these people will not win.  Karma will catch up with them   Mike, Greg, Dave & Julien.
mikeew

McDonnel F3H2N Demon

28 posts in this topic

I have now finished this beauty of a kit, and present the 1/48 AZ Model McDonnel F3H-2N Demon (ex-Grand Phoenix moulding) with all the resin and etch you need to make a cracker of a model.

You can see my in progress work on this one here: http://www.britmodeler.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11721

Tamiya XF-2 Flat White and Gunze H315 Gull Grey were the two main colours I used. Promodellers Dark Grey wash for panel line enhancement and then further weathering was added with Tamiya X-19 Smoke, XF-19 Sky Grey and pastels. Alclad Aluminum shaded with Jet Exhaust was used for the burner and burnere plate and undersurafces of the tailplanes. Overall a sometimes challenging but ultimately pleasing model to build. Its totally OOB with the exception of a metal scratchbuilt pitot probe on the starboard wing as the kit part was tooo thick. Cockpit and seat, wheels and wheel bays,undercarriage, airbrakes and jet pipe are all resin parts . Etched parts are supplied for wing fences and upper wing speed brakes as well as cockpit components including instrument panel and seatstraps.

Markings are for Bu.No.137072 of VF-24 "Corsairs" whilst aboard USS Lexington in 1958.

All comments and/or criticisms welcomed as per usual

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0016-1.jpg

IMG_0015-2.jpg

IMG_0020-1.jpg

IMG_0023-2.jpg

IMG_0024-2.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

Edited by mikeew

Excellent work, particularly like the "weathered" effect! MODeller

Thats just pants! :fraidnot:

:lol: not really. I honestly think you've excelled yourself on this one. The weathering is the best you've managed yet, well nice. I have only one, teeny, niggle. Where's the exhaust gas been going? I'd pop a bit of staining across the metal and onto that perfectly clean white tail :winkgrin:

Jen.

Smart build Mike. Nice one!

Very odd looking aircraft, but a lovely build! I like it Mike, the weathering is nicely done and it looks the part.

Very nice :goodjob:

Karl.

Many thanks for all the replies people, it really means a lot.

Phil, good spot with the navlights :blush: , luckily its an easy fix :thumbsup2:

Jen, another good point, I'll remedy the exhausts stain with immediate effect!

Very, very nice.

I'm diggin' the subtle, restrained weathering. B)

Yep, nothin' else for it, gonna have to go with a :worthy: .

:goodjob:

Not one of my fave aircraft, BUT bloody nice job mate...lovely weathering on that one. Excellent job doing the model. Prize worthy.

Beautiful job Mike! :speak_cool:

Your lovely pictures and in-progress pictures actually made me search for a review and later order a kit myself. :hypnotised:

Regards,

I reeeeeally like this one Mike.

Great result, a lesson in USN grey/white finishes! :clap2:

Al

Seen one of these in Pensacola... Yours looks like the one there! :clap2:

Edited by InFlames

Nice, i like exhaust weathering especially

Superbariffic, man. Take your prize and have a seat at the front.

.....and its GOLD, GOLD,GOLD for Mike!!! Perfect fiinish Mike, if only modelling was an olympic event (sigh) You would b up there on te podium

Bruce