Well, this was in Goodwood in 2004;

GFoS040458.jpg

And this is the drivers seat (well a bit of it anyway!);

GFoS040463.jpg

Looks like leather to me.

HTH

Keef

Edit:

Ignore the black piece of metal sticking out of the front of the car - that's the timing strut for breaking the light beam on hillclimbs (this priceless beauty was doing timed runs on the Goodwood Hill!! It wouldn't be fitted for Le Mans!!)

Edited by keefr22

Cheers Keef

Thats the actual car I'm doing as well ...as for the blue I'm going to have to mix that up with Revell paints

As I do all my spraying indoors on the dining table

But thanks for those pics :analintruder:

You're welcome Sean - it was only when I went looking for seat pictures after your post that I realised I had pics of the actual car! Unfortunately those are the only useful ones I have!

Have you ever tried zero paints from Hiroboy? I do all my spraying in the kitchen, & I get less complaints from the boss about the smell when I use zero than when I use humbrol/revell/xtracolor or any other hobby enamels!! And he may be able to mix up the 'correct' colour for you - whatever that may be!! :D

Keef

You're welcome Sean - it was only when I went looking for seat pictures after your post that I realised I had pics of the actual car! Unfortunately those are the only useful ones I have!

Have you ever tried zero paints from Hiroboy? I do all my spraying in the kitchen, & I get less complaints from the boss about the smell when I use zero than when I use humbrol/revell/xtracolor or any other hobby enamels!! And he may be able to mix up the 'correct' colour for you - whatever that may be!! :D

Keef

Cheers Keef :analintruder:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bugger had a couple of Mishaps

First of the decals were total Shiiite ..So I'll get another set

Plus I have managed to man-vegetables up the bonnet ..I put it under the hot tap and it melted and deformed itself

So has anyone got a spare Double scooped Bonnet I could ponce of you

Ohh poo-poo, sorry to hear that mate.

I've just checked my kit, I have got a spare bonnet in there, but it's only a single scooped one, with long hinges (poss for the road going version?).

I suspect you've probably got this one spare in your box too, as it seems to be on one of the main sprues.

I noticed mine was very bendy when I was sanding the primer coat. Can you not salvage yours at all? :shrug:

Ohh poo-poo, sorry to hear that mate.

I've just checked my kit, I have got a spare bonnet in there, but it's only a single scooped one, with long hinges (poss for the road going version?).

I suspect you've probably got this one spare in your box too, as it seems to be on one of the main sprues.

I noticed mine was very bendy when I was sanding the primer coat. Can you not salvage yours at all? :shrug:

Na its totally screwed good and proper .. Bugger then I also find out that I can't even get the decals I need for this one

so ...I'm going to have to ponder on this one now

mind you could buy another kit ..But that means more crap decals ...U'mm

I don't know if you're interested, but there are a couple of GT40 decal sheets on e-bay at the mo.

Link 1

Link 2

If it's any help, I've bought stuff from the guy in the second link (bestbalsakits) a couple of times before and he sends his stuff very promptly.

Using these sheets, you should be able to modify that spare single scoop hood in the kit.

Cheers Smiffy

I'm seriously considering get another kit .. That way I'll have spares for when I do another one

Buy I'll keep the 2nd link that will be handy

Cheers Sean

If they should sell & you still want them, Island Collectibles in the States stocks the 2 Speedline GT-40 sheets;

http://www.islandcollectibles.com/strada/spd53b.jpg

http://www.islandcollectibles.com/strada/spd54.jpg

Overall images of the options on the sheets are at the bottom of this page;

http://www.islandcollectibles.com/prod0213112.htm

They may work out cheaper from there too! I've bought from Ed at Island a couple of times, & he's always been very helpful & quick sending stuff out.

Keef

Sorry to hear about your hot tap disaster Sean. post up a pic of the shrivelled bonnet & the single scoop one, and let's try & think of a way to do this the old fashioned way... with modelling skills! ...Whatever they are? :hmmm:

Sorry to hear about your hot tap disaster Sean. post up a pic of the shrivelled bonnet & the single scoop one, and let's try & think of a way to do this the old fashioned way... with modelling skills! ...Whatever they are? :hmmm:

The old bonnets to far gone for that Mike ...So I'm going to go with Plan B

Buy another kit use the Bonnet and decals from that ( Sod the micro sol and set this time)

With the bits left over I'll do a road version as well :analintruder:

Sean

I realize it may be too late , but I've just found this pic which I took at last years Le Mans, if its any good to you I've a much larger image I could send you

Steve

gt40.jpg

Ohh nice pic Steve I'll save that one

• 2 weeks later...
Glad you like it Sean ... sounded fantastic as it trundled past me too !

If you pm me your email address I'll send you the full screen image tonight

Steve

Will do Steve

Well I'm a bit sidelined with this build at the mo .. I screwed up the bonnet big time .. so

What I have done is this ..put up a phantom kit on evil bay ( Should sell as its a fujimi one )

So I'm going to buy another kit ..Take the bonnet out of that to put on my now ''Spa Francochamps'' MK1

Many thanks to Doc Fester for sorting out the stickers and masks for me

The rest of the kit which will be a MK2 Which I will make into a MK2 Le Mans version result

Well back on course (Well sort of ) ..Today I recieved another GT 40 From Graham at relish Models

He advised me (Very Well as it goes ) To buy the ''Kojima Racing version of the GT40 ..Opened up the box

And a nice bright yellow kit looking at me ..with 2 single scoop bonnets and The double scoop bonnet I need for this kit I'm doing :yahoo:

So If I feel up to it today ( Wether my back will stop aching and let me sit still long enough),

I'll crack on with this beastie :analintruder: