Wright Flyer

Nice :thumbsup2:

How does it go together? I've been meaning to get one of these as a kind of 'where it all began' type thing. I like the figures in classic pose, will you be replicating the photo as a diorama?

wrightbrothersbook1.jpg

Completely unprompted by me, my girlfriend took this pic' at Old Warden last year which I think echoes the Wright's first flight quite nicely...

firstflightks.jpg

Steve.

It's amazing the progress we made in those few years to the end of WWII, isn't it? Rivalled only by the rate of change once the jet engine came along, and the Cold War arms race demanded newer & faster aircraft. :wacko:

I'm looking forward to seeing that done & dusted :)

Nice :thumbsup2:

How does it go together? I've been meaning to get one of these as a kind of 'where it all began' type thing. I like the figures in classic pose, will you be replicating the photo as a diorama?

wrightbrothersbook1.jpg

Goes together very well - a bit of cleanup of struts and ejector marks is about all the prep that's required.

More construction photos at http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....howtopic=119450

I pre-painted all the parts, and assembled them with superglue - for a more instant fix.

This kit has slots and holes for the rigging, so I cleared them with drill and saw, then fixed the rigging in place with superglue.

My kit says 1/48 - but has been measured and calculated as 1/39.

I had thought that the 1/39 kit was different - AND it was more expensive on Ebay, when I bought this one (2003/04), however now I'm convinced they're the same mould. I've just seen a Revell kit at Gloucester Model Show for £10.

The kit has all the bits to replicate the scene in your photo, so YES I will be building a small base for this model.