God no! Another engineless 707....

Skybert

With the glue on the 1/200 Belplast-Milano Lufthansa 707 still wet, which received 4 scratched engines,

Another 707 made it's way into my collection, and -can you believe it?- again minus engines...

2345288885_dba2672a74.jpg

It's a huge scale 1/50 Belplast Milano 707 Stratojet of South African Airlines. It weighs a tonne even minus engines...

I purchsed it from a guy who turned out to be our britmodeller-member-friend Kurnass2000.

He rescued it from a pub and was planning on turning it into a 1/48 AWACS, which could fit very well in his incredible 1/48 collection of skillfully built models.

I have tackled the task of re-engining it in a similar way as the Lufthansa jet, this time with drainage tubing and sockets, combined with curtainrod wood and paintmixingstick engine mountings...

2345288901_591ba9f139.jpg

2345288891_98711bcf26.jpg

Looks nice I think, but hardly looks like a TF33 engine i confess.... but with that weird 'pregnant goldfish' enginebay, a TF33 is a pain to stratchbuild...

Edited by Skybert

:popcorn: & :beer: at the ready for this, go for it Skybert, you can do it :thumbsup2: boy that is one big motha of a model :yikes:

Bexy

Hi Bert,

Great to see the 707 made it safely to your home.

The wife must have been very happy with it as well.... :evil_laugh: (mine was very happy to see it go....) :yahoo:

Nice work on the engine so far, but as you say it looks a bit different compared to the real thing

Any way you'll get it done, i'm sure.

Will keep an eye on your progress...

Please don't make it to nice, as i might get yealous and want it back :o

Kurnass2000,

or just Martin

Quote:

Please don't make it to nice, as i might get yealous and want it back :o

me make veeery special price mister!

• 4 months later...

Some problems get solved by ignoring them for a while..

As i was struggling to get the right looks on the TF33 engines for this model I had put it aside for some time.

Last week my dad came over with my mums pulmonary drug vaporizer-ventilator, saying 'this is just the size of those TF33's you were looking for!"...

Lo and behold they were, and with a little persuasion and addons started to look liken TF33..

And did you know the tin foil case from your typical chinese takeaway allow for perfect copying of fanblades??? :thumbsup:

The original fanblade is from tamyia's F16, a grab in the nut and bolts box produced this nice looking TF33...

Me happy...

2686263637_ef1bafaec7_b.jpg

2686266195_c9c4bfd51e_b.jpg

2686271891_6ce0544c38_b.jpg

2686270147_b7bd7f7bf5_b.jpg

Edited by Skybert