Airfix 737-200 "Hooters Air"

Hooters was such a class airline! Shame they closed down. Linky http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hooters_Air

I was thinking of doing a civil What if Hooters A340 or 747

Paul Harrison

• 3 weeks later...

I had several friends who flew for them. One was over at the house and offered to give my resume to the chief pilot, who was a good friend of his. My wife vetoed that one before I could make a sound! :(

Ben

• 2 months later...

And now the Hooters Air Airfix 737-200 is joined by an Orion version (using twosix decals) and an Aloha version (Liveries Unlimited)

3737s1.jpg

3737s2.jpg

Dan

These 737's look great.

It always amazes me just how good they look considering the age of the kit.

Have you thought of using the resin engines from Braz Models? They make a hell of a difference.

Chris

These 737's look great.

It always amazes me just how good they look considering the age of the kit.

Have you thought of using the resin engines from Braz Models? They make a hell of a difference.

Chris

The thought had occurred but I kind of subscribe to the theory that if you apply an interesting enough livery then the eye is taken away from the inaccuracies! Plus, given the rate that these 737s are flowing off of our "mini-Renton" production line, the investment needed... well, it just doesn't need to be thought about!

Dan

Thats a cracking little 737 :goodjob: Just gotta :wub: that coot little owl on the tail :lol: I wondered where you two disappeared to, nice to see ya back :thumbsup2:

Bexy

The thought had occurred but I kind of subscribe to the theory that if you apply an interesting enough livery then the eye is taken away from the inaccuracies! Plus, given the rate that these 737s are flowing off of our "mini-Renton" production line, the investment needed... well, it just doesn't need to be thought about!

Dan

Can't argue with that Dan.

As I said earlier, they do look good.

Chris

Hiya Bex - yep, been away a while. Paula had appendicitis and then peritonitis so ill-health and running around kept us both busy.

For the record, Paula's two 737-200s rolled off our line last night. The first is OOB Air France using transparencies for windows (remember them?!):

AirFrance2.jpg

And the second one is her Frontier "Hummingbird" build using MASP decals:

Frontier2.jpg

Frontier3.jpg

So 5 737s in our fleet now:

Allfive2.jpg

Allfive3.jpg

And that's why the aftermarket engines start to cost... 5 sets needed!!!

Dan & Paula

I reckon a Hooters A380 should be next

JBot did do decals for just such a beast but I think got a cease and desist order from the Hooters owners, sadly. It would have been brilliant and if the decals were available I would've happily done one. I do, however, hae JBot's Hooters Air decals for a 757 - and a Minicraft kit to put them on - so I'll do that one at some point.

What a lovely collection

Thanks Mike - they're not bad though, like all builds, we can see the flaws in them. It's nice to spice up the old Airfix kit a bit, though!

Dan

Hiya Bex - yep, been away a while. Paula had appendicitis and then peritonitis so ill-health and running around kept us both busy.

Allfive3.jpg

Dan & Paula

WOW, well glad Paula's back to her busy building self again :yahoo: Thats a pretty smart collection of 737's, the Humming Bird has an amazing tail :thumbsup:

Re the Hooters A380 decals, Im sure there's a few peeps on here that knock out a set for you on the sly :wicked:

Bex

Cheers Bex! A close-up, just for you hon!

Frontier3.jpg

I've got one for a Revell A319 to do at some stage, too! :thumbsup:

I'm sure if there are any volunteers out there, Dan wouldn't mind a set of Hooters Air decals for an A380 Flight of Fancy... PM us if there's a willing and able type out there! :evil_laugh:

Paula

x

• 3 months later...