Who is doing what ?

jono

So who is building what at the moment ?

I am making a wonderful job of screwing up Special Hobby's Nieuport Bebe, its going to be one of those that just aint going to work, I have that feeling. I think me and 1/32nd scale just dont get on.

Waiting in the wings, Rodens DH4 thats well on its way, Gavia's Pfalz E1 that I really should not have gone anywhere near until the DH4 was complete and Rodens Stakken, this one I am am itching to get into............

Hi Folks,

Just finishing up a Hasegawa Mitchell III, Nice kit too. Very impressed, I have not made much Hasegawa stuff as you don't get much in the shops here. Pricey Kit though when I bought it about 3 years ago, £23.00 in Hannants.

Also in moving along albiet very slowy is the Airfix Great Western Paddler, 40% finished.

And just starting up is a Italeri Mig-29A and a Heller Mig-29UB along with a couple of Cork lads as a sort of local group build!!.

On the shelf still waiting that final touch is a Aeroclub Re.8 and FE.2B!!, Just can't get the final get up and go to do the rigging!!

Regards

George

Getting installed again after having moved. Did my first little modelling yesterday since several weeks. Just a bit of applying putty and sansing on my Sopwith 1,5 Stutter 48 scale by Roden. Also had the courage to lift the boxtop of Karaya's Buzzard and have a look.

Cheers, Nico

NOOOO! thats fatal, never lift the lid on a new kit, we all know what happens next, just a little dry run here, a test fit there, before you know it the glue is out and the airbrushed primed ! :-)

• 5 weeks later...

A Sopwith Camel (1/48th Revell....aaaarrrggghhhh!!) as flown by Biggles, using a frontespiece painting as a colour guide for that "authentic" touch.

Consequently, Natural linen wings and blue fuselage, with natural metal front and cowling and darker blue wooden areas.

It'll be different, that's for sure! :analintruder:

Did have that golden saturday at the IPMS Sweden Open. So these are on my bench

Eduard Siemens Schuckert DIII

Eduard Sopwith Pup

Eduard Fokker EIII

Eduard Albatros W4

Airfix Hawker Fury

Gavia Bristol Scout

Roden Be 12b

All in 48-scale

Larsa

• 1 month later...

Finished a SesquE5E in Israeli AF colours (in my scenario, Israel is created in 1922).

Used the Revell 1/48th kit with short lower wings. Wire for rigging.

"On the bench" is a Revell Sesqui-Camel, again to be Israeli, but showing evidence of previous RAf 6 Sqn markings.

Then it'll be Goering's Fokker D.VII (which can also be my Biggles collection "White Fokker") and a Biggles Spitfire.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a 1/48 Revell Camel in the finishing stages at the moment if anyones interested :rolleyes:

It's being built for my Wing Field Day on sunday with the ATC. Quite a chunky kit but it has been fun, just to do the favourite bit now, rigging!

WIP thread here

Cheers

Tim

P.S. I seem to like these old aircraft :wub:, and am wondering if there are any SE5a's in 1/48 about?

It would accompany my Camel nicely ;)

Hi Tim,

SE5 A's

you are a bit limited, Revell did release one in 1/48th scale, its fairly old tooling but I still worth building I am sure, and fairly recently Roden released one or two, these are obviously more expensive but also more up to date

• 1 month later...

Hello, All. I'm doing Roden 1/32 stuff. Just finished AlbDIII in Wenzl's mottle scheme, and the Nie28. I'm about 3/4 done with Hohne's Alb DI. I also try to put in a couple of hours a week on my scratchbuilt Staaken RVI and Voisin XLAR. I won't have them finished for some time.

Monogram DayGlo Repop of The Mummy. Mounted to the base, awaiting paint.

Others on the bench, mixed in among the beer cans and beef jerky wrappers:

1/72 Heller, F-84G

1/72 ESCI, C-47... still!

1/48 Monogram/Revell Me-109G

Awaiting rigging - a 1/28 SPAD XIII, a 1/48 Hanriot HD I, a 1/32 Nieuport 17, and still on the bench in pieces - a 1/32 Sopwith Camel (William Barker's)

Coming up: a slew of Eduard's WW1 biplanes and a Bf 108, a Lindberg Stearman, a Modelcraft Noorduyn Norseman, and an Academy Spitfire Mk. XIVc

Whew, at the rate I work I should be done around 2012.

I'd love to get a Bristol Scout and an SE5A and I'd walk a mile for a 1/48 Camel (sorry)

Cheers, Richard B. from Aylmer, Quebec, Canada.

I've been posting b/a pics on the aviation art page. Some of the pics were of WWI a/c types:

These kits from the stash........vintage Aurora in 1/48.

P3280021AuroraWWIACClassic2148.jpg

P3280020AuroraWWIACClassic148.jpg

Cheers,

ggc