I know it's been done a millin times-

Maybe maybe not, it looks to me like St Maarten, but also theres something not quite right about the 747 and how the photo was taken at that angle at that airport. I might be totally wrong though.

Bexy

yeah it is St Maarten Princess Juliana (SXM) all the photos on airliners.net are real, no fakes. They really do land that close to the beach. I think that photo was probably taken from a hotel balcony. Theres plenty of videos of this place on youtube.

I dont like sitting on beaches, bores the hell outta me, but I could happily sit on that one 24/7 :worthy:

Bexy

Well, if it's real it ranks with the LHR 777 as regards landing short!

Yeah but this ones on the tarmac and not the grass :tease: and ofcourse its a 747, not as beautiful as a 707, but just as yummy :tease:

Bex

I think it's a fake, as everyone knows there is nowhere in the world where it says "Airliners.net" in the sea :smartass:

Those are big polystyrene floating letters that were put out there especially for the photo shoot! :wacko: I've seen them before in other photo's too. They have one's that float in the air too... :unsure:

Karl.

Looking at the other people in the shot, there's a big 747 coming down in front of them yet many seem to be looking the other way. :hmmm:

That was the first thing I noticed with it, second thing, no shadow

Good thing the water is close by, so's ehe can wash out his britches.