Need a boeing 707 resin job done...

Skybert

Hi Guys,

I scored this beautiful 1/200 Belplast Milano Boeing 707 from the late 60's on a fleamarket.... minus engines.

2326729018_66cf11d9ec.jpg

I scratchbuilt this engine/pylon out of wooden rod, electric tubing and a buttercup and a paint mixingstick..

2326729012_f9a2e69930.jpg

I am looking for someone who is willing to make me resin castings, as I don't have the stuff for it, and fairly little application for it if I would buy the whole kabash for resin casting now..

Any of you honorary gentlemen willing to do me the favor? Beware I'm in the Netherlands..

You can also pm me..

regards

Skybert

Edited by Skybert

I think I spy a slight problem with your master. The wooden parts - have they been grain-filled? If not, they would soak up a little of the RTV and be impossible to de-mould. Also, assuming you could de-mould them, you'd probably see remnants of the grain in the castings made from that master. To fill the grain, either use varnish or paint, sand them, re-paint/varnish & repeat until they're glassy smooth ;)

Might also be an idea to remind people where you're based, so that someone could do it for you that's geographically near. :)

Skybert,

The 707 is my all time fave airliner, and theres no doubt in my mind that is one beautiful job youre doing there, and those engines look amazing :worthy: Good luck :thumbsup2:

:popcorn: at the ready

Bexy

I think I spy a slight problem with your master. The wooden parts - have they been grain-filled? If not, they would soak up a little of the RTV and be impossible to de-mould. Also, assuming you could de-mould them, you'd probably see remnants of the grain in the castings made from that master. To fill the grain, either use varnish or paint, sand them, re-paint/varnish & repeat until they're glassy smooth ;)

Might also be an idea to remind people where you're based, so that someone could do it for you that's geographically near. :)

Agree Mike; I need to work on the smooth finishing.

As for Geography. i would be happy to put the stuff in an envelope and mail it over. If anyone interested to do so let's talk and agree on PM..

Not to put a damper on this nice bit of scratching, but try Martlesham models ,as Terry does engine resin replacements for commercials

Ed

Hi Ed,

To my great relief I found that Martlesham only does scale 1/144, and this is scale 1/200. :rolleyes: phew.. Wouldn't have been the fisrt time I scratch something or print my own decals, only to find them comercially available some miliseconds after you're done with the project...

So.. still need a resin job guys!

Resin job no longer needed... I scratched all four engines tonight, and am delighted with the result. She now looks again like the graceful airliner she once was

Will post pics later this week..

Owwww isnt she made pretty again?'

:wub::wub::wub::wub:

2331046787_d645d81e5d.jpg

2331046815_16ae0ec60c.jpg

2331876914_9c7180a5a3.jpg

2331876992_4e9c29d5b4.jpg

Can't wait to repaint the wing... but needs to wait till the weekend...