This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Mike

Membership numbers

Crikey a dodgy one! Better not look at mine or we are back down to 17,999 again

Congrats to all

And a timely reminder to my fellow members if I may be so bold. 18000 members is a big number to herd, cajole and generally keep in order as we cats all decide to scatter in different directions so a thanks to the Mods and let's all play bonny to make life a tiny bit easier for them

Just clocked these membership numbers! Pretty astounded and kudos to all the Mods for keeping it (and us) all running so smoothly. Just chipped in with a modest donation via PayPal to assist with the upkeep chaps.

Thanks all,

Tony

Mind you, I couldn't count the number of words used for a pound. Weirdest one being 'dollar', go figure!

That could turn out to be prophetic.

Just clocked these membership numbers! Pretty astounded and kudos to all the Mods for keeping it (and us) all running so smoothly. Just chipped in with a modest donation via PayPal to assist with the upkeep chaps.

Thanks all,

Tony

Thanks Tony - it all helps to keep the server's gerbil in seeds, so the wheel keeps spinning ;)

Hot on the heels of hitting the 2,000,000 posts the other day, I've just let in 4 new members that tips us over the 19,000 members milestone.  Happy days :)

:santa: Merry Christmas everyone :santa:

I had no idea we'd still be growing 10 years later (almost)... I just wanted a place to chat models and nonsense that had a bit more of a British flavour and without the usual idiots that spoil the atmosphere.  It's been non-stop fun ever since :)

16 hours ago, Mike said:

Hot on the heels of hitting the 2,000,000 posts the other day

Yes, but is that really 2,000,000 posts given that you claim to have made 1,037,335 of them yourself?

1 minute ago, GordonD said:

Yes, but is that really 2,000,000 posts given that you claim to have made 1,037,335 of them yourself?

As previously mentioned... somewhere :hmmm: My post count it a pigment of my imagination that serves to ensure that I'm the only person (yet) with all 10 pips.  I think the trigger point for that elusive 10th pip is 1m posts, so I wouldn't even try if I were you ;)

Six months later, and we snuck past 20,000 members the other day without me noticing.  There's also another page waiting to be validated! :o it seems to have gone nuts since we updated the look of things :hmmm:

Great work there Mike.  Thanks to you and to all the other Admins who keep this, really rather good, forum going...

Sorry - just noticed your comment :blush: Thanks for that nice comment :) I just looked at the numbers before I came back to comment, and we've had almost 400 members in exactly a month :shocked:  I'm pretty sure the influx is linked to the new look of the site, and the inclusion of ships, sci-fi and tanks in the header.  I believe some people thought we were aircraft only, which was probably 98% true at the beginning, but as time went on we grew sideways into the other genres, which is why we added the others to the logo block when we updated it.

I'd be interested to hear from any of the latest batch of members to see why they arrived, and whether I'm guessing right, just out of idle curiousity, and to see whether Simon needs an extra pat on the back. :)

Jinkies! :blink: Just under 4 months and we snuck over 21,000 members the other day and I just noticed this avo.  That was quick! :shocked:

Mike

Is 21,000 the actual number of active members or does it include those who have joined since Day 1 and of whom some haven't been seen for years - or worse? As far as I'm concerned, the more the merrier so its great but are they real active members or 'fake' numbers - to reference our fair haired colonial cousin?

Simon

Hi Mike

..congrats on another milestone! You mentioned those header icons in a previous post. It would be neat if they could be 'clickable' to take one to the specific subject area ...

On ‎09‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 22:38, Simon Cornes said:

Mike

Is 21,000 the actual number of active members or does it include those who have joined since Day 1 and of whom some haven't been seen for years - or worse? As far as I'm concerned, the more the merrier so its great but are they real active members or 'fake' numbers - to reference our fair haired colonial cousin?

Simon

Total number of members who have joined from day one.

Julien