Fujimi Mig-21PF(Early) 1/72 Anyone seen it?

MigModeller

How often do Fujimi rotate their 1/72 aircraft models?

I last saw the Mig-21PF(Early)in Egyptian scheme in the 90s. Not to be confused with the Mig-21PF in Indian scheme that appeared at the same time.

Thanks in anticipation

MM

Try The Aviation Hobby Shop; they've had a huge delivery of Fujimi kits, but it'll help if you have a kit number.

Edgar

Blimey Edgar, is that the same shop that I visited in the Hillingdon area in the late '70s!?

Thanks for that, I'll e-mail them once I've found its number.

M.M.

I was in there Friday (TAHS), saw quite a few Fujimi kits.

Just give them a ring to see if they have it, they are very helpful.

I keep meaning to pick up that Mig-21 bis 'Black Lynx' in Finish markings. Sexy!

Mart

The Fujimi Migs have always seemed to be in short supply.

They are pretty nice kits, The only thing I remember from my builds nearly 20 years ago was that The fuselage seemed a bit long next to my KP builds. So I'm not sure how they stand up vs the newer Zvesta and other Eastern European Fishbed kits.

But then again those are all the later versions (MF and Bis), the Fujimis are the only 72nd PFs IIRC

Matt

Edited by Matt Roberts

Thanks for that, I'll e-mail them once I've found its number.

I'd do as Mart says if you want to contact them & give them a ring. I've tried e-mailing them three times & never got a reply (I can e-mail from work but not use the phone, so someone else got my business!)

Keef

• 2 weeks later...
I was in there Friday (TAHS), saw quite a few Fujimi kits.

Just give them a ring to see if they have it, they are very helpful.

I keep meaning to pick up that Mig-21 bis 'Black Lynx' in Finish markings. Sexy!

Mart

Hi,

picked up the Black Lynx kit on ebay last week bundled with a Hobby Craft SU-22 for a reasonable price. The Fujimi kit looks very nice, the Hobby Craft not so nice.

The seller was selling off a few auctions with multiple kits of russian aircraft etc which did seem to include some other fujimi mig 21 kits. Not sure what the ettiquette is on here about posting details of auctions / sellers so I wont post for now...

Marc.

• 3 weeks later...
So I'm not sure how they stand up vs the newer Zvesta and other Eastern European Fishbed kits.

Fujimi kits are great kits (quality, ease of building, etc) but they are hardly accurate for anyone who's interested in the MiG-21. Fujimi didn't know the differences between a MiG-21 MF and a MiG-21 bis. Also they used the same poor drawings also used by Academy in their 1/48 kits. The best (accuracy, detail level, ease of build) MiG-21 bis is the Zvezda kit. Zvezda's MiG-21 PFM isn't as good (horrible nose cone and other things).

the Fujimis are the only 72nd PFs IIRC

Nope. Bilek (Czech Republic) has made one (I haven't built it but I've built their PFM). It not inspired of any existing kit and it looks good.

Innex (Poland) has also made a MiG-21 PF kit. It is derived from the KP kit but it has recessed panel lines. There's a review here: http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/FirstLook/IN...x_MiG-21PF.html

Edited by Laurent