1/32 Sea Fury

Hi all,

here is my next project. This will be the first part of several Hawker aircrafts. Even though i have the great Fisher Sea Fury, i decided to start with the cheeper Hobbycraft kit. There will be much scratch work, as well as some Resin bits from the Fisher kit. The first pic will give you an idea, how it will look like at the end...

spezial.jpg

more or less... :lol::rolleyes:

To be serious, i started by building up the fuselage. I left the cockpit off as it is far from good and bad! The canopy will be covered later with a canvas which i´ll try to make from putty.

001.jpg

The spinner was glued together, sanded smooth and engraved. Some rivets were added as well using the MDC tool.

002.jpg

A simple step was drilling out the exhaust pipes.

003.jpg

This pic shows the light reworked tail rudder and the fited Fisher tail wheel yoke.

004.jpg

close up

005.jpg

That´s all for the moment. The next step is to detail the wheel well and fit in the brass LG legs from the Fisher kit.

Please let me know what you think and stay tuned... Next update soon!

Cheers,

Chris

Edited by Chris Hannover - Germany

Small update. Just back from the bench with the done tail fin.

The first pics shows the attachment point of the fin. It was done using a ball mill bit in an electric motor tool. The fin itself got a piece of a halfround Evergreen stripe.

006.jpg

The detail of the trim tab.

007.jpg

Now is time for a beer.

Cheers!

Chris, do you have a copy of Scale Models, October, 1983? I have a spare copy of the centrepiece, which is "Spotlight No.1, THE HAWKER SEA FURY," by Peter Cooke, which includes a few colour photos (the yellow wheel well features prominently) and drawings. If you'd like it, let me know.

Edgar

Chris, do you have a copy of Scale Models, October, 1983? I have a spare copy of the centrepiece, which is "Spotlight No.1, THE HAWKER SEA FURY," by Peter Cooke, which includes a few colour photos (the yellow wheel well features prominently) and drawings. If you'd like it, let me know.

Edgar

Any chance of letting me have a copy as well Edgar??

• 4 weeks later...

Here we go. Finally some more pics.

First up the painted and installed wheel well. This could be in primer yellow or in unpainted metal. I went for the yellow primer.

020-1.jpg

021.jpg

I also reworked the spinner which was totally wrong. It was to pointed, so i flatened the tip and rounded it again using MasterCasters Sanding Sticks.

022-1.jpg

023-1.jpg

024-1.jpg

I also assambled the wheels coming from the Fisher kit.

030-1.jpg

The drop tanks. Can please someone tell me, on which side the filling hatch is? Maybe a pic of the real one? I unfortunately found nothing using Google.

031-1.jpg

I am not happy with the kit provided wheel cowls, so i have to do them from scratch. The cowls from the Fisher kit will be the guid again.

032-1.jpg

Last but not least, the display base is already done. The framing did my Grandfather, as he has the tools for that. The mirror and the painting was my work. Special Thanks to Grandpa´! :)

033-1.jpg

034-1.jpg

035-1.jpg

That´s all for the moment. Please let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Chris

Think ? I can't think..or speak :gobsmacked:

you have a rare talent Chris, so good to see it in full swing ! Nice idea to ensure both gear legs are positioned equally.

Amazing stuff - watching this one !

john

Very nice work Chris. Take your award and have a seat down in front.

Im very happy to see you are using a mirror under the wing. Would hate to not see all that work.

For the canopy cover, have you considered a tissue wetted in a 50:50 mix of white glue and water? Then you can arrange it how you want and once dry, it will take the shape and stiffen so you can work with it.

Thanks mates :)

Glad you like it.

DaHut,

i think i´ll try different methodes. First i´ll try one with a very thin lead sheet, if that fails, i´ll try the tissue methode. I´ve never done this before and i just have one try. I´m still not sure if i should glue the canopy first or not... hmmm.... we´ll see.

Cheers,

Chris