LA Woman

G'day all, bit of "mojo rising" going on down here B). A good bloke in Panama sent me a few "excess" kits he had and bout tripled me stash :coolio: Soooooooooo after the bigun Hurri for the SEAC GB I thought i'd slot into something a bit less full on, reached into the box that Panama Mike sent me, and out came a HC 1/48th La7. :evil_laugh: Tis just what I need. Not a bad little number, some good detail on the fuselage and wings, but bugger all else, so I made some tape belts and did a bit of dry brushing to lift out some details. The wing root joint is in the league of "canyon" so it has to be filled. I've dropped in some white glue to "bridge the gap" and act as a base for some further fill, we'll see how that goes. Had to add some styrene to the cockpit sills to get the canopy to sit insitu properly. Also had to add a small piece to the front of the pit were the fuselage joint is as there was a small gap there that would be seen even when the windshield is fitted. I'll paint it black and it will look like a small sill. Bit of filling to do on her belly, but I am enjoying this build. I would love to see the WWII La series of aircraft popped in 1/32 :analintruder: Cheers and thanks for looking. Jim :drink:

La7-2014.jpg

La7-2004.jpg

Edited by JimInOz

G'day all, got the majority of her bit's n pieces sorted and the gloss coat on :D Ran out of my usual supply of clear gloss so I dug around in the shed and found a pot of varnish.Thinned it with some enamel thinners and shot it thru my airbrush. Seems to have worked, but it has a yellowish tinge to it, I'm not bothered "do I look bovered" as this littlle Lady will have some dirt chucked on her. Righto, better go have a rum ana chat with Mrs Jim In Oz. The next time I post she should be done.Thanks for having a gander and I'll see you lot around in a bit. :drink: Cheers. Jim :lol:

La3002.jpg