Earning yer crust Pt II

eng

This landing left severe damage to the aft fuselage frames that reqd the aircraft shipped across the Thames river on a barge to be repaired in a warehouse, as LCY is limited for space. The repairs took approx 3 months!

Eng

That was a total goat****. Not surprised it needed rebuilding.

Now this is how it should be done!

The first bit is dull but it's worth watching for the last 30sec!

This was Flybe landing at LBA (Leeds-Bradford)

Edited by PHaTNesS

Yep the first one was not lined up enough on landing, the vertical forces on the landing gear might not have been enough to cause damage but the torsional forces would have.

PHatNEsS

That looks like he fought it all the way down but what a recovery, perfecto!.

John.

The first bit is dull

Yes, but it really puts it into perspective when you suddenly realise where the runway actually is compared to where you'd guess it was at the beginning of the clip.

Truly amazing, but I think as a passenger I'd have been happy with a weather divert in retrospect.

Steve.

Truly amazing, but I think as a passenger I'd have been happy with a weather divert in retrospect.

I was a passenger in a Cityhopper, London City/Schipol a couple of years ago. The landing at Schipol was pretty much like the video above, quite entertaining really. On the bus to the terminal I watched a 737 do exactly the same routine.

peebeep

On the bus to the terminal I watched a 737 do exactly the same routine.

I was on a bus at CDG in Paris once that crashed... didn't feel like a good start to my journey. We loaded to shuttle out to the plane, pulled away from the Terminal and smack, another bus ploughed into us as it rounded the corner. Didn't want to fly that day....

M