Maybe a long shot

Len Thomson

Does anyone have a good source of reference for the Handley Page Harrow? I have a few pics, and a faily rough plan. Does a cutaway exist anywhere? All offers welcomed.

Thanks Dave, but I got all of these already. I am surprised at the general lack of info, especially in the "Sparrow" transport form. Hardly anything in print. Methinks a visit to the RAF Museum might be in order.

It's the Contrail kit which I have. The plans are nothing special, and I am sure I could find some more detail somewhere. Any ideas if Aeroplane have ever done a "Database" on the Harrow?

Dave, I looke through my old Aircraft Modelworld issues and found the conversion article. I'd forgotten about that. It was by Brian Monaghan.............. <_<

I will keep looking.....

Hmmmm.... take a look at this page. Quite interesting to see the HUUUUUGE flying aircraft models, but about 2/3 of the way down, there's a guy building a Harrow. It might be worth trying to find him & asking him where he got his plans from? Just a thought :closedeyes:

• 2 months later...
It's the Contrail kit which I have. The plans are nothing special, and I am sure I could find some more detail somewhere. Any ideas if Aeroplane have ever done a "Database" on the Harrow?

Dave, I looke through my old Aircraft Modelworld issues and found the conversion article. I'd forgotten about that. It was by Brian Monaghan.............. <_<

I will keep looking.....

The Contrail kit was made by Gordon from the plans in AFP and the post war versions had most of the plans redrawn and so this is about the best you will get I'm afraid.

John

Thanks John. Looks like I am stuck with what I have then. It is a future project so there is no real rush. I just love the look of this aircraft and want to model a Sparrow as in late 1944.