1/32 F-4C disintigrating decals!

gunpowder17

I seem to be one of the unlucky ones whos Tamiya 1/32 F-4c Decals are disintigrating in water. I seem to remember hearing about this a few years ago. I thought i would try a few and low and behold they are no good. Now does anyone know of either a solution to stop it or any aftermarket F-4C decals in 1/32?

Thanks

Edited by gunpowder17

I had that trouble with my F-4C/D decals, my first big Phantom, it cost a bomb and I did a pretty good job on it, only for the decals to go on the fritz. I never did get it finished :weep: This was in the days before I discovered the Aftermarket decals, and varnish!.

Never had any problems with the Js though...

Joel

?? me think go back to Tamiya and ask for replacement decals!! the model is fortune to buy first place and so you may expect good working decals. Try to get hold of the importer and ask the replacement sheet. You may write them send the sheet alond and they should replace it!! :evil_laugh:

This was a known problem with the Tamiya C/D kit decals when it first came out. They got a bad batch of Scalemaster decals that had the problem and they were, at the time, replacing them. For aftermarket, aside from the Airdoc ones, I can think of two other sheets, but they may be OOP. Fox One Decals 32-002 for Gunfighter F-4Cs and 32-004 for 8th TF Wolfpack Jan - Jun 1967.