Hunter

miduppergunner

Yes - sorry -

this Hunter was owned by Mick Jennings - former W/O at Coltishall - and the author of a very good new book on the station. It is restored as the photo rec. version - camera in the nose - Mk 10 I think. Whilst one or two bits on eh airframe overall may be a bit "unusual" purists only may notice - I am told by one of the chaps at the museum who worked on Hunters of a long time that so far as he is concerned the cockpit is OK - he says that mods. were carried out from time to time and (shush) some pilots had the one refinement tacked on as well! There is a seat firing handle between the knees as well as on the head of the seat.

I am sure there will be some who can correct me. May I mention that since I have been rubbing shoulders more intently and frequently with people who worked on - or flew -some of the aircraft we model it is very interesting that I have not yet come across one who is emphatic that this or that is right/wrong!! When I have asked the question - did this or that aircraft have this or that, often the response is along the lines of "quite possibly" even though it may be qualified by "have not seen one like that".

Anyone who wants pictures can they send me their email address please.

David.

Edited by miduppergunner