Aircraft museums in Florida

neilfgr2

Guys,

Off to Florida in April and was looking to stop at some museums on the way.

Starting off in Fort Lauderdale then over to Clearwater, down to the Keys and then back up to Miami for the flight home to the UK. Trip will last about two weeks...

Any info on good places to visit...

Cheers,

Neil

I've been to Fantacy of Flight. Not a huge amount there - until you realise it's part of one man's collection. I went there for the morning with the wife and kids as a break from Mickey and his friends, but ended spending the whole day there.There aren't many places you can look around a Sunderland. Also you can book a flight on a Stearman and take the controls.

I enjoyed both Fantasy of Flight and Flying Tigers when we were in Florida a couple of years ago. We were treated like royalty at Fantasy of Flight! If you like classic yank cars they do a cruise at Kissimmee Old Town on Friday or Saturday evenings - can't remember which.

peebeep

Felt I ought to register with Britmodeller to pass on this tip.

I've just got back from a trip to Florida and have to recommend the Valiant Air Command museum in Titusville (www.vacwarbirds.org) They have a good collection from the '40s onward, both restored and in progress, and you can really get 'up close and personal'. The staff are all volunteers and are really friendly bunch

By the way, I think that the Flying Tigers Warbirds have moved out of Kissimmee because of the hurricane risk.

Chris