Shackleton MR.3

iaint

Ok, currently building the 1/72 Revell Shackleton MR.3... I have a question regarding the colour of the pilots seats... I haven't found any good images of them online (maybe I've not looked hard enough... LOL)

My second concerns the spinner cones of the props. The instructions refer to them being painted in Blue/Green/White for one of the examples... Does anyone have any knowledge of the spinners being these colours (XF730 is the example from 120 Sqn, 1965)

All answers/comments/help/input extremely grateful!!

Iain

Regarding the MR3 seat colours, there's a shot on Airliners.net that shows them with black metal frames and black leather seat cushions.

See http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.sear...;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

In Avro Shackleton Warpaimt Series No 6, there's a drawing of XF730/B of 120 sqn with the spinners in green, blue and white segments. Not sure whether any of the other sqn aircraft had these on.

Mark

Ok, currently building the 1/72 Revell Shackleton MR.3... I have a question regarding the colour of the pilots seats... I haven't found any good images of them online (maybe I've not looked hard enough... LOL)

Iain

Iain,

Below is a pic of my step son, aka on BM as :devil: Child :lol: sat in the co pilots seat of Shack Mk3 Ph3 WR982 "J" at my museum at Gatwick, not the best pic but I hope it helps until I can get up the Museum again and I'll grab you some cockpit shots.

Bex

yr057w.jpg

Regarding the MR3 seat colours, there's a shot on Airliners.net that shows them with black metal frames and black leather seat cushions.

See http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.sear...;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

In Avro Shackleton Warpaimt Series No 6, there's a drawing of XF730/B of 120 sqn with the spinners in green, blue and white segments. Not sure whether any of the other sqn aircraft had these on.

Mark

Welcome Mark!

Time to fess up mark....what's the Canberra link? Looking at your handle, I guess there must be one??!!

Rich R

Welcome Mark!

Time to fess up mark....what's the Canberra link? Looking at your handle, I guess there must be one??!!

Rich R

No professional link but am a lifelong Canberra fan, live 3 miles from the 27 approach to Wyton, and have at least 18 built or collectable Canberra/B-57 models in my stash! I was also fortunate to be able to witness the old lady's last day of RAF service at Marham in July 06.

No professional link but am a lifelong Canberra fan, live 3 miles from the 27 approach to Wyton, and have at least 18 built or collectable Canberra/B-57 models in my stash! I was also fortunate to be able to witness the old lady's last day of RAF service at Marham in July 06.

I expect that you're going to indulge in one or two Airfix kits this year!

Kemble is just up the road from me where the 3 PR9s are languishing.....such a shame.

Welcome to the Canberra fan club aka Brit Modeller (with 2 Ls)

Ta for the help on the seat front... To be honest I wasn't sure if the colour that the instructions calls for (Black) was just because the entire interior is instructed as painted black! (must admit, I have added some artistic license from other images on Airliners.net and have gone for a 'white' and slightly more detailed inside, for all the good it'll do and how visible it will be... Not!)

As for the spinners on XF730 (bl/gn/w) I haven't fully decided on using that scheme anyways, but useful to clear it up early...

Once again, ta for the help!

Iain