More pics from NEAM...

wingslinger

Further to the topic posted on the 'Real Aviation' section... here are some more images from NEAM:

B-29 Superfortress "Jack's Hack"

neam1.jpg

Detail of panels on the B-29

neam2.jpg

Sikorsky Seabat

neam3.jpg

Lockheed Electra

neam4.jpg

Bell Iroquois

neam5.jpg

Hope you enjoy 'em...

M

Edited by wingslinger

Any Connecticuters here? NEAM's at Bradley International Airport, Windsor Locks, between Hartford, CT, and Springfield, MA. I'm in Stamford. Is NEAM doable as a day trip?

Hey Joseph, I'm not from Connecticut but I can offer my experience...

I drove up from Ridgefield the night before, so I took the north route and along the 84 through Hartford and out the other side.... I'd driven from NY to Ridgefield to visit a client. I got a puncture at Ridgefield and had to drive all the way to Windsor Locks on a donut... took me about 2hrs at 50mph.

I guess it depends on your tolerance for driving, I reckon it would take you a couple of hours from Stamford... spend 2-3hrs looking around... then a couple back. I'd do it in a heartbeat... some great stuff to look at.

One word of caution though... call 'em before you go. Their outside exhibits are closed when it's snowy or icy. I don't how much of that there is but it's a shame to miss it (it was closed when I was there).

Hope that helps.

M

PS: Make sure you go to Skooters Diner for something to eat before you go in, it's in Windsor Locks... ;-)