Eduard Mirage 2000D

Graham T

Here you go: http://www.smds.ws/index.php

Or try searching "Skyraider Model Designs". I believe that they are in the process of moving premises at the moment, so if the item you're after is showing "out of stock" it may not be back in stock for a few weeks. I've asked them about their Rafale B corrective parts & this is the response I've been getting. Generally their service is very good. Got their Rafale B decal sheet in the post this morning & it looks superb. Highly recommended all round!!

Thanks very much Graham,

I like your home made solution to the dispenser. I have the kit and as you have discovered, the dispenser shape is more complex than the sinple "U" shaped metal part. I am looking foward to seeing it completed,

cheers,

Pappy

Here you go: http://www.smds.ws/index.php

Or try searching "Skyraider Model Designs". I believe that they are in the process of moving premises at the moment, so if the item you're after is showing "out of stock" it may not be back in stock for a few weeks. I've asked them about their Rafale B corrective parts & this is the response I've been getting. Generally their service is very good. Got their Rafale B decal sheet in the post this morning & it looks superb. Highly recommended all round!!

Thanks very much Graham,

I like your home made solution to the dispenser. I have the kit and as you have discovered, the dispenser shape is more complex than the simple "U" shaped metal part. I am looking foward to seeing it completed,

cheers,

Pappy

Edited by Pappy

There's a small build review of this kit in the new SAM where the builder has used colours that are way too light - more like the C/B colours. Can't think where he got his references! Anyway, should have it finished today with pics later in the "ready for inspection" forum!

Undercarriage is a nightmare! Look at head on shots of the M2000 & the main legs have a pronounced "toe-in" with the doors hanging vertically & pretty well no clearance between them & the underwing tanks. You have to replicate this or else you will not be able to hang the tanks. I fitted the legs last night to allow plenty of drying time before cracking on this morning but I've just had to break them off & re-attach using brass rod inserts for strength. In addition, the wheel stubs are far too long & need trimming back. All in all, I'm not having a good morning!! :hanging:

Well I thought that was it for "WIP" pics but there's always something else! Here, I've fabricated & added a couple of actuating rams for the canopies. Just small dia brass tube with rod inserts. I've had to respray the satin coat in a couple of places as over-eagerness caused me to handle before it had gone of completely. I'm still kicking myself for neglecting to add the mask for the small "flip out" spot lamp on the starboard intake, just above the start of the l/e of the wing :shit: !

DSCN0226.jpg

DSCN0227.jpg

Edited by Graham T

Graham... looks like you are coming along brilliantly... yes this model is a real b*tch to say the least... I'm having the same 'wonderful' time with it as you know... NEVER AGAIN will I buy an old Heller kit no matter what other goodies Eduard or anyone else temps me with ;-)

Graham, how were your clear parts? I have a number of imperections in the canopy clear parts that I just cant get rid of after tons and tons of sanding with 1,000 up to 12,000 grit sandpapers... I'm now hoping that a bath in Future will solve it... but I'm not sure :-( Almost seems like dirt got trapped in the liquid plastic as it was being injected into the mold...

Thanks for the tip on the fuel tanks and landing gear... although from all the research photos I have I suspected this might be an issue...

Overall a very frustrating project... I'm still sanding and cleaning in prep for the first coat of paint on mine... I'll post more WIP photos in the next few days...

Keep at it Graham and TAKE YOUR TIME!!!... this one requires patients... and LOTS of it!

-Greg

Greg....my clear parts were quite good although as I mention above the bridge section is too wide. My problems with them stemmed from leaving the maskol on for too long! However, watch the masks, especially those for the bridge section they are the wrong size - look at my close up pic above & see what I mean. Next time I'll cut my own! There will be a next time as I've another D/N & couple of C's in the pile. It's now finished & I just have to take the pics for posting tomorrow.