Eduard Mirage 2000D

Graham T

With the Harrier T10 stalled waiting some decent seats, I made a start on this. For those who don't already know, it's the old Heller kit with a shed load of etched & resin parts. The etched parts are prepainted & just glued to the kit plastic parts (after a very small amount of surgery, all of which is clearly pointed out on the instructions). This is the result after no more than 30 mins work after the cockpit base colour coat was dry!

Rear cocpkit:

DSCN0194.jpg

Front:

DSCN0193.jpg

Over view:

DSCN0192.jpg

These Eduard prepainted etched parts are an absolute doddle & I will investigate what other sets they provide!

I'm also waiting for delivery of the Skyraider Models PDL-CT pod.

Edited by Graham T

Lookin good G, how much does the kit go for? and where to buy from cheapest?

£30 & worth every penny IMHO. The seats are the closest thing to sex I've had whilst building a model - pic to follow (of the seat, not me having sex :puke: ).

The seats (still on their casting blocks with a little more detail painting to be done).

DSCN0200.jpg

DSCN0199.jpg

My big worry now is how to add the etched spine panel to the model. It requires removing the corresponding area of plastic from the kit but it's going to be awkward & possibly beyond me!

Quite nice looking. I'll never see these on my bench, but yours look inspiring nonetheless.

Hello,

That's a nice coockpit and bang seats nicely painted ...

One of the major setback of the Eduard 2000 D option is the shape of the spine chaff dispenser; it as nothing to do with the actual thingy.

As seen on this pic from airliners.net http://www.airliners.net/photo/France---Ai...249162/L/"" target="_blank"> http://www.airliners.net/photo/France---Ai...000D/1249162/L/

The shape of the stuff is far more complex than the flat stuff provided by Eduard ...

Let's see if Antoine find anything else, but this was the obvious setback.

HTH

Cheers

Stef (#6)

Nice start!

I remember being intercepted by one of these over France, livens up the day a bit!

EDIT: it was a PRACTICE intercept before you think i'm a complete numpty

Edited by PHaTNesS

Hello,

That's a nice coockpit and bang seats nicely painted ...

One of the major setback of the Eduard 2000 D option is the shape of the spine chaff dispenser; it as nothing to do with the actual thingy.

The shape of the stuff is far more complex than the flat stuff provided by Eduard ...

Let's see if Antoine find anything else, but this was the obvious setback.

HTH

Cheers

Stef (#6)

Renaissance Models have an exterior correction set listed as a future release.

Stephen

Steph is right about the shape for the upper chaff dispenser.

I've also heard about the wrong shape for the engine nozzle, but 2000D and N got the same ATAR, so I'm not really sure.

There is no pitot tube on the D's radome.

There are some (RWR?) antennas on the D tailfin, that are not present on the N

There may be also differents airscoops on the belly of each aircraft.

So I shouldn't have been so pessimistic, but let's hope that Renaissance give us a complete corrective set, and not only the chaff/flare dispenser.

Renaissance-models

Some good reference, but still not enough, as they didn't show all the differences between differents marks of 2000:

rep508w.jpg

At La maison du livre aviation.

But try to get it from Britain.

I'm having a really hard time with the etched spine panel. I swear I cut as per the instructions but when the part is offered up, there is too much removed at the front end so I've had to stick a bit back!! The sensor pod, plus a couple of FAF GBU's are on order from Skraider Models, plus another C/D kit as when I went into Hannants today they had no more in stock & weren't certain they'd be getting anymore! Also managed to pick up tins of Xtracolour M2000C greys for when I come to tackle that one.

Right, I'm hoping this will look better under a lick of paint. The etched part that Eduard provide for the chaff/flare dispenser on the 2000D spine is wrong. In particlar, the rear end on each side is a small aperture, presumably for the ejection of the flare/chaff. So, I knocked up something out of plasticard & Milliput. There's also a small vent present which I have yet to make.

DSCN0204.jpg

DSCN0203.jpg