Mattie's Nimrod R1

Been doing the odd bit every so often, but did the pannier bay lines today, darked them so they stand out, still a lot to do but hopefully you get the idea

Also you may notice I have moved the Landing lamps to there correct position

P22200652.jpg

First R1 hopefully :thumbsup:

Edited by Mattie Bee

Looking good! It amazes me that kit producers make such silly mistakes like your landing light positions (I'm building the Matchbox Victor K2........... :deadhorse: ), and I'm taking heart that you're taking the time to correct them. Good effort, I'm following this one closely as it will be one of the next models I'll tackle (Nimrod or VC10, haven't decided yet) so keep us all up to speed on your work!

JH

VC-10 that caught my eye ...... which kit? will it be 1/72?

And wow - how the Nimrod has probably had more attention than any other new release kit I can ever remember.

VC-10 that caught my eye ...... which kit? will it be 1/72?

And wow - how the Nimrod has probably had more attention than any other new release kit I can ever remember.

Yep- I have to say- Tamiya's 100th really died on the barbed wire didn't it- but they never rang me and asked, so stuff 'em....

Messrs Mentalguru and V; like most classic British aircraft, I think the VC-10 (and the Comet/Nimrod) are absolutely beautiful examples (not to mention the Victor of course, which IMHO is the most beautiful aircraft that ever graced the skies) of the immense British contribution to aviation engineering. As far as I know, there are no current 1/72nd VC-10 kits on the market (but would be hugely grateful to anyone correcting me via PMs!), so if I can't find anything S/H I'll take the Nimrod.

Mattie Bee, didn't mean to divert the discussion away from your post which I recognise is about YOUR contribution and I'm VERY keen to follow your progress! So how's it going?

John

Messrs Mentalguru and V; like most classic British aircraft, I think the VC-10 (and the Comet/Nimrod) are absolutely beautiful examples (not to mention the Victor of course, which IMHO is the most beautiful aircraft that ever graced the skies) of the immense British contribution to aviation engineering. As far as I know, there are no current 1/72nd VC-10 kits on the market (but would be hugely grateful to anyone correcting me via PMs!), so if I can't find anything S/H I'll take the Nimrod.

Mattie Bee, didn't mean to divert the discussion away from your post which I recognise is about YOUR contribution and I'm VERY keen to follow your progress! So how's it going?

John

Airfix VC-10 OH YES PLEASE

IF it was equal quality to the Nimrod- it would be mucky kecks time- possibly the most beautiful big jet that ever flew- a close run for 1st place with the BOAC liveried '707

Mattie Bee - looking good ....... but I do wish you'd put flats on the tyres, weighted tyres look so much better, so many models are spoilt for me by standing'on tiptoe', particularly with Vulcan ond Victor bogies not all tyres touching. Probably because I spent 22 years in the tyre industry.........

I hope you Nimrod guys can get together and list all the minor tweeks needed for the individual Mk's - it would save guys like me doing silly things.

Looking forward to more posts and pictures, don't know if I can leave mine untouched in the box any longer!!

Geoff

I hope you Nimrod guys can get together and list all the minor tweeks needed for the individual Mk's - it would save guys like me doing silly things.

Have a look at the Nimrod threads, myself, Mattie and Pete have all worked on them. Pete in particular has superb knowledge, he was my rigger sgt when I was on them.

Nice progres Matt.

Thanks for providing a underside shot of the panel lines.

Have you moved the window on the starboard side?

What colour scheme are you planning?.

Shaun.

"I'm begining to wish I had pre-ordered one now. Still not sure about the price though"

Still loads on E-bay at discounted prices, some cheaper than pre order!

Edited by Shaun

Mattie and Pete have all worked on them.

Mattie still works on them :D

A bit tall on the legs, isn't she? Or is that me (wouldn't be the first time)

I was thinking that when I placed them on, but I don't want to pull them out as its a very tight fit and I do not want to damage the gear, I will be filing the bottom of the wheels so it'll sit realistically

Have you moved the window on the starboard side?

What colour scheme are you planning?

I have not moved the windows just filled some in, because I am doing R1 XW664 in her Grey Colours scheme with the lightened roof, which apparantly lowers the cabin temprature by 5 Degrees C,

Why 64 because it was the first R1 I worked on, moving the ground lock stowage from behind the Air Engineer to the toilet wall at the back door

Matt, What is part D29 and what is the slot for?

I can't see this slot on the R.1, did you fill yours?

Nice work on your kit so far, I plan to get on with mine tonight.

Shaun.

Edited by Shaun

D29 is the Supplimentry Cooling Pack (SCP) Exhast, only fitted to the MR2 and AEW3s, later MR1s in the hemp colour had one I believe, and the R1 does not, so I have filled the gap

The SCP was only on the MR2s and AEWs, as this was the main modification to the airframe from MR1 to MR2.

Edited by Jabba