Another Road Trip, Another Museum

wingslinger

After finding myself at Newark Air Museum last week, I found myself this week at the New England Air Museum just outside of Hartford, CT. They have a stellar collection of aircraft including a B-29, an F-14, an F-86, an F-100, an F-105, a P47, a Corsair, a Hellcat and many others... lots of choppers too including an Iroquois and a bunch of Sikorsky's (including some really old ones).

I'll post more soon but I thought I'd throw a few shots up...

Neam032.jpg

Neam033.jpg

Neam034.jpg

Neam035.jpg

I have many more, got close ups of an MB7 bang seat too if anyone is interested...

Saw a guy there who was measuring up the undercarriage of the Tomcat, said he was making some 1/32 resin stuff...

M

Edited by wingslinger

Wow! Hell of a drive from Lincolnshire to New England. :D Nice pics though.

Andy, if I can recover from you suggesting that Newark is in Lincolnshire.... (as a Nottingham boy I have to be offended :fraidnot: )

I'm going to try and set a new kinda record this weekend... I'm in Chicago now, heading to Dallas on Saturday. If I can get to the Cavanaugh museum then it'll be Newark, New England and Texas air museums in a little over 8 days...

I will post some more images... promise

Martin

Just in case you missed it... I posted a bunch more images on the 'Aviation Photography' section... seemed more appropriate...

M

PS: Andy K... you know I was kidding, right? ;-)

Edited by wingslinger

That sounded like quite a visiting agenda for eight days.

Of course I had my work agenda wrapped around it... but just made sure that I looked for air museums on the way ;-). At least to get a couple of hours doing something for me... since Feb 6th I've been in: London, Paris (twice), Amsterdam, Nottingham, New York, Hartford, Chicago and currently Dallas... off to LA on Tuesday... it's a busy old time right now. Hey, any good air museums in the LA area??

M

Of course I had my work agenda wrapped around it... but just made sure that I looked for air museums on the way ;-). At least to get a couple of hours doing something for me... since Feb 6th I've been in: London, Paris (twice), Amsterdam, Nottingham, New York, Hartford, Chicago and currently Dallas... off to LA on Tuesday... it's a busy old time right now. Hey, any good air museums in the LA area??

M

I suppose it depends on what you mean by 'in the LA area'. There's Planes of Fame, at Chino Airport, but that's about 50 miles inland from LA. There's also Palm Springs and March Field.

I daresay those in the know can give you better info - I've not been to California yet.

You certainly are busy!

Joseph

Edited by JosephLalor