1/72 Revell Tiffie

Skii

Just order this fella along with the Revell 1/72 Tornado GR1

Probably the best 1/72 kits I have ever had the pleasure to unpack, I'm quite blown away by the quality of the mouldings

Everything is there, the panel line detall, rivets, gear bays, seats, control panels, and the stores in the Tiffie box ..... ooooh the possibilities !!!!!!!!

dribble dribble

yep - I'm gobsmacked

:yikes:

I'm building one of these at the moment and, yes, it's a wonderful little kit.

The only "niggles" I've found so far are that the air brakes didn't fit very well if you choose to retract them: I resorted to drilling out the plastic underneath them to get them to sit flush to the fuselage and the nose gear looks a bit too long, looking at my reference pictures I'm thinking that the lower strut has been extended too much, if I'm right it looks like it's something that's very easy to fix.

Daz: I think the Storm Shadows are in the Typhoon F2, the GR1 comes with a virtual spares box for iron bombs, LGBs and ALARM missiles. I've already ear marked the ones from my F2 for a 617 squadron GR4.

Richard

It was nice to see that they have now included the ASRAAM's with the single seat version(sadly missing from the 2 seat version) seeing as that was just about all the stores that the RAF Tiffy's are using :whistling: .

I had my single seater delivered yesterday, buts got to wait awhile before I get round to it as I'm having a bit of a spate of Tiffies at the moment!

Mark

Re: Asraams, the ones on my recent Tiffie I took from the rare-as-hens-teeth Airfix NATO weapons set (thanks to Geoff B for getting me one of them).

Now that Revell have released a weapons set including a free Typhoon, shouldn't be so much of a problem :)

Now that Revell have released a weapons set including a free Typhoon, shouldn't be so much of a problem :)

Well, thats one way of looking at it! :rolleyes:

It'll be cheaper than keep buying the Aviation Workshop resin ones at £4.50 a pair I suppose

Mark

The only things that seem to be missing now are the RAID pod and CBLS 100 and 200 practice bomb carriers.

Man, that would be sweet, CBLS for Jags, Harriers, Tonkas etc..... I had a set once in lead/white metal, think they were C-SCALE (memory ain't too good). I recall Aralditing them to a Hasegawa Jag, dunno where thay are now though. Hmmmmm do we know anybody around here who may be interested in producing them in resin (1:72 & 1:48 of course)...... Hmmmmmm :hmmm:

Ian

SORRY ! - didn't mean to hi-jack the thread - just thinking out loud.

I've often wondered why people complain so much about why this or that weapon or pod isn't available, when they're mostly some variety of tube, and I'd have thought the dimensions would be readily available, especially if you knew someone in the services, like Spike :hmmm:

You know what? We should produce them ourselves :lol:

I've often wondered why people complain so much about why this or that weapon or pod isn't available, when they're mostly some variety of tube, and I'd have thought the dimensions would be readily available, especially if you knew someone in the services, like Spike :hmmm:

More of an observation than a complaint....

The RAID Pod is very easy, it's simply a white painted tube with a pointy end the only drawback is I haven't been able to confirm its dimensions, the CBLS pod is a slightly more complicated proposition, perhaps you'd have to form it using something like Miliput then cast it in resin....

The RAID Pod is very easy, it's simply a white painted tube with a pointy end the only drawback is I haven't been able to confirm its dimensions, the CBLS pod is a slightly more complicated proposition, perhaps you'd have to form it using something like Miliput then cast it in resin....

I have both in adequate quantities... If someone were to get me some accurate data, I'd be more than happy to give it a go :)

Not really,I make my CeeBlies from a old 1000Lb (One of the shorter ones you used to get with Airfix kits.

Oh & Daz;

It'snot called a BL**DY TONKA!!!!

I'll calm down now!

The only things that seem to be missing now are the RAID pod and CBLS 100 and 200 practice bomb carriers.

CBLS are in the Czechmaster Resins Buccaneer kits, so it could be worth asking if they would consider doing an RAF/RN Weapon set, as they are doing things like seperate wing folds and carrier decks as add-ons !

CMR Buccaneer Stores?

G