And it all goes horribly wrong !!!!

Saw a very nice set of zotz decals for an F-14 so bought them and then started looking for a kit to go with them - got a nice deal on ebay for a tamiya F-14 1994 version with a technics cockpit but the only issue was is part done - got the model and the front end was complete with the cockpit installed and painted but was to a pretty good standard so i could live with it ( and it was to much hassle to try and break it up). Next job, put the rest together , sand it , fill it , sand it , fill it , and so on till I`m ready to put the first coat on - THEN IT GOES WRONG !!!! the previous owner had sprayed areas with an enamel primer and yep you guessed it soft boy here decided to use tamiya acrylics :doh: now have a paint job that any gardener would be proud of as a prime example of crazy paving :suicide: ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

Well its back to sanding , filling , sanding , filling and a bottle a red wine !!!!!!!!

Sandy

:stupid:

Guest les

Get some model strip from Hannants Modelstrip MODSTR01 £3.99 Modelstrip. Paint stripper for removing paint without damaging the model. 115ml (sufficient to strip approx 575cm2) Does not work on some cellulose, polyurethanes & factory finishes.

Wierd, I use enamel (spray can) primers then acrylic paints all the time never had a problem.

But then I NEVER use Tamiya acrylics.

I think you said it best - one of those days... Don't give up though, as there are ways of fixing the situation. I hate to see kits going in the bin :(