NMF B17

Here is my effort on the 1\48 Monogram B17. Totally rescribed over several months (a little at a time) and finished in Alclad Chrome toned down slightly with a mist of Satincote. Rear turret home moulded before I found out conversions are avaliable. Yellow and green applied first then masked off, this caused some tearing of Alclad at base of fin but was rectified by making some Chrome decal strips. Olive drab on nacelles applied over Alclad which gave no problems. Serial numbers courtesy of 1\48 Skyray sheets.This aircraft was lost in April 1945.

DSCF3369.jpg

DSCF3368-1.jpg

DSCF3371.jpg

Lots more to come, but my next posting will be MOD aircraft. MODeller

• Like 1

Woweeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Beautiful build and finish, well done!

Got 1 of these in the stash, must whip it out sometime! Seeing this makes me wonder........ I've heard people say they have trouble spraying whit, i don't..... but, I always have trouble spraying yellow!

Hmmmm........ !

My two golden rules for using Alclad Chrome are 1, leave gloss black Enamel undercoat to dry for at least 24hrs, or you may end up with a "crackle" finish, and 2, spray the Alclad at the lowest pressure that you can get away with, literally "dusting" it on, I only used 1\3 of a bottle on this one and that was 2 coats! Give it a go its Brilliant!

My two golden rules for using Alclad Chrome are 1, leave gloss black Enamel undercoat to dry for at least 24hrs, or you may end up with a "crackle" finish, and 2, spray the Alclad at the lowest pressure that you can get away with, literally "dusting" it on, I only used 1\3 of a bottle on this one and that was 2 coats! Give it a go its Brilliant!

I had problems the first time I used Alclad (BritStang). But, if you prpare as MODeller has just said and spray as lightly as possible, the end result is amazing.

As in all good painting, the secret is in preparation- Don't be scared of Alclad!

Very nice Fortress there :partytime:

I also have one in the stash along with the B-24 and three B-29's

I am putting one of the B-29's together now. I taped together all the main bits and laid it on the bench last night just to get a feel for the size of it.

It's frigging huge :analintruder:

Thinking or re-scribing it too.

Craig.

Edited by Craig

:gobsmacked:

Wowzers.

That must have taken the patience of a very VERY patient person to rescribe that badboy!

Looks fantastic though!

Not too bad on the nerve ends if spread over several months, nowhere near as tricky as a 1\72 Victor! MODeller

Fantastic. I'm going to have another go with alclad. First job I did with the stuff went in the bin!

Scotty

Have to admit that first time I used Alclad the bottle was empty in minutes! THEN I read the instructions! Never looked back since, all my car models now have the chromed parts stripped and redone, gives a much better "scale effect" plus you can get rid of all the sprue attachment points. Pity it was not avaliable 20yrs ago! MODeller