Newark Air Museum

wingslinger

I had the good fortune to get back to the UK this week... so today I drove up to Nottingham, picked my parents up and took 'em out to Newark to the air museum... my Dad and I went there many years ago... when it just some rusting planes in a field... BOY what a change! Excellent set of aircraft... really, really excellent... Took a whole bunch of pics... thought I'd share one...

mig.jpg

bucc.jpg

Canb.jpg

Regards

Martin

Edited by wingslinger

Ive not been there yet,must try to get there,but its sooo far away(30 miles)but I also thought it was a field full of rusty crates.

I believe they got a grant from the lottery IIRC and a lot of the stuff is now inside the new building. Some great exhibits and a good model/gift shop too. Well worth a visit especially when the sun is shining.

Looks like the Bucc has had a repaint (although they haven't got round to the roundels yet....)

Looks like they have done quite a quite a lot of work to it since we were last there.

This was the Buccaneer last summer when we went to visit the museum:

NewarkBuck.jpg

Karl

Edited by Karl

The gift store was killer for models... unfortunately I didn't have time to really look and I couldn't have bought 'em anyway (can hardly lug the luggage I have already)...

The inside exhibits are great, very clean... nice Javelin, Harrier, Meteors, Varsity, SeaHawk, Viggen... but even though some of the outdoor exhibits are kinda dilapidated I'd rather be standing next to a real, dilapidated Mig-27 than not see one at all...

While we were there a Tornado came screaming over at low level.... made my day...

M