Pegasus Hobbies 1/48th scale Hurricane 1

John

Popped in to my LMS for a browse this afternoon and found a few of these kits in stock. £6.99 seemed a reasonable price so I picked up the Hurricane.

Packaging is excellent, a heavy gloss card top and tray box.

PICT0001-10.jpg

Opening the box reveals parts moulded in a sandy brown, good quality plastic. Surface detail is fine engraved panel lines, but I'm dubious about the accuracy of some of these. The parts have a slight silky feel, a bit like an Airfix Hawk. Fuselage halves have reasonable fabric detail, but heavy moulded in cockpit structure.

PICT0002-13.jpg

PICT0007-8.jpg

Minor parts are a bit heavy. A one-piece canopy and lowered undercarriage components are supplied is separate bags.

PICT0004-11.jpg

There a decals and self adhesive stickers, both featuring basic markings for P3901 of 303 Squadron. Roundel colours are pre-war bright shades, which may or may not be correct.

PICT0005-7.jpg

Conclusions so far? It isn't a knock-off Airfix kit and, although I haven't built the Hasegawa MkI, I don't think it owes anything to that either. It actually has the feel of an early Monogram kit.

John

What are the wings like John - is it a fabric or steel wing in the kit ? (I'm guessing the latter looking at the prop & markings.....)

Ta

Keef

Was just looking at the box art again - has the artist shown the aircraft with differential elevator appplied??!! Would make an interesting flying experiance.......

Edited by keefr22

Thanks for that John, that looks like a very interesting kit, the recessed detail doesn't look too bad and the overall shape looks good, or rather the usual Hurricane faults don't immediately leap out at you. Interesting approach by Pegasus, I'm fast becoming a big fan of these 'easy build" kits (least not because I'm lazy).