Another Lightning F3

:speak_cool: We might as well have called it the "Lightning & a few other planes GB" ;)

Care to explain the amendments to the fuselage for the uneducated, Bill?

:speak_cool: We might as well have called it the "Lightning & a few other planes GB" ;)

Care to explain the amendments to the fuselage for the uneducated, Bill?

Good idea!

All I've added are scoop intakes covering the NACA ducts and a "tube" vent! The putty filling is to cover the rivet holes drilled out - a la Neil "FGR2" Ashbeys suggestion! Works for him; NOT for me!!!

I'll add the other sides parts tomorrow, and then onto the cockpit.........ALCLAD is being ammassed!!

Nice 'pit Bill... how's the leg btw? ;)

Ta Mike - stopped taking the anti-biotic's at the weekend - due to some unpleasant side affects!! Don't Ask!! The leg is still sore , still red and shiny!! BUT I managed to get a pair of socks on today!! 1st time in nearly FOUR Weeks!!

Ta Mike - stopped taking the anti-biotic's at the weekend - due to some unpleasant side affects!! Don't Ask!! The leg is still sore , still red and shiny!! BUT I managed to get a pair of socks on today!! 1st time in nearly FOUR Weeks!!

Ouch! What on earth have you done to yourself Bill?

Anti-necrotics kill off the flora and fauna in your gut, so I'm guessing your world fell out of your bottom :sick:

Socks, eh? Wow! :lol:

What's up bill, you not like the drilled rivet's???

Cheers,

Neil

Me like the drilled riviets, trouble is ambition outweighs skill - I buggered them up!! :shithappens:

Ouch! What on earth have you done to yourself Bill?

Had myself a nasty bout of cellulitis in my left lower leg a few weeks ago. It Hurts!!!

Well...she's taking shape......

Intake trunking added, along with the cockpit tub. Dremel came to the rescue here as I had to remove acres of resin and plastic to get the tub to fit snugly on the trunking...

100_5442.jpg

fuselage halves nailed, and fin added...

100_5444.jpg

I'm using Aeroclub's white metal nose ring - added weight and I hope to polish it up - nice and shiny!!

It is considerably larger than the kits plasticitem, so I've begun to remove excess metal....dremel again. There are a few pot marks in the metal - I may have to solder these holes... I've also added some lead sheet aft of the cockpit - don't want a tail sitter!!

100_5448.jpg

That nose ring looks like it's taken a lot of craeful work to look that good... Can't wait to see it polished :thumbsup:

Yeah it looks the business doesn't it !? I plan to do a T.5 Aeroclub conversion at some point (Thunder City's ZU-BEX )

Nice work (as ever) Bill :)

I plan to do a T.5 Aeroclub conversion at some point (Thunder City's ZU-BEX )

Nice work (as ever) Bill :)

In nice shiny glossy black?? Luvverley!!

Anyhow.....update time

Rather than use the kit part, I used Milliput to blank off the blank canon panel

100_5452.jpg

Left side of model - now looking like a Lightning

100_5453.jpg

Detail added to undercarriage bays. I used P.E (Airwaves?) salvaged from an old build. Added detail from fuse wire, plastic card etc.,

100_5459.jpg

Another view of the shiny nose ring

100_5461.jpg

Canopy has been added and masked off. I've added some plastic card framing + de-misting ducts

100_5462.jpg

Ready for Halfords Grey Primer- and then a nice coat of Gloss black!!!

In nice shiny glossy black?? Luvverley!!

ZU-BEX is the highly polished BMF with the Shell logo

xs451-4.jpg

Beautiful isn't she ?! :)

anyway - I digress, coming along very nicely Bill, the wheel bay looks spot on, I used a kind of mesh in my build for the texture, but yours looks much better.

Lovin' it :)

Got my Neomega/Aeroclub T-Lightning conversion kit yesterday... Obviously not out of stock of those & Viggen cockpits hen! :D

Got my Neomega/Aeroclub T-Lightning conversion kit yesterday... Obviously not out of stock of those & Viggen cockpits hen! :D

Thats good to know Mike, as I think I can here the roar of twin Avons on a Silver LTF T5......

anyway - I digress, coming along very nicely Bill, the wheel bay looks spot on, I used a kind of mesh in my build for the texture, but yours looks much better.

She is a beauty!!

As for the wheel well, PE, I seem to recall that on the real thing the "gridded" thing was a sheet slight flush of the inner skin - and as such looked quite battered.....I never go too mad on undercarriage bays - no-one sees 'em!!!

Looking forward to the gloss black application tomorrow, and maybe a coat or two of Alclad tomorrow evening.......

xs451-4.jpg

I was originally thinking of this baby!!! Ex- XS452 - The Pink Flamingo!!

ZU-BBD

She looks sweet so far Bill, can't wait to see her in some shiny silver paint!

Thanks Col, got her in some nice shiny black paint!!

You know.......it's a shame that 111Sqn never flew their Lightnings in a shiny black scheme <_<

100_5483.jpg

100_5485.jpg