Saab J 32 Lansen

Seamus

Hi there

I have a lansen that needs re-spraying after a lengthy stay in my garage!

i originally intended to spray it Hu 86 Olive drab on top and Hu 64 Light aircraft grey underneath, but since i am re-spraying the beast i thought i would see if these are accurate; having looked at reference pictures, the green seems to need to be a shade darker.

Any alternative recommendations would be greatly appreciated, although i only use humbrol paints

cheers

shaun

I agree. I don't know the precise color; I'd say their black/green, like on the Viggen splinter. Kevin probably knows for sure. But it strikes me as a tad darker than OD.

Edited by dahut

• 2 weeks later...

Sean this might be useful - found it over at IPMSStockholm,org

http://www.colorserver.net/showcolor.asp?fs=34083+36329

Thats was from a link called Swedish AF dark green and blue grey.

I've also seen the colu0r matched to FS 34079 - which is close to dark green in just about every nations airforce.

Tamiya XF-61 would match, as would just about any RAF dark green or RLM 71 Dunkelgrun, or USAF vietnam Forest green paint

I suppose you could add a dash of black to the 79 to get it a bit closer to the 83, but that would be personal choice, and would also depend on which model paint makers dark green you use - some will be darker than others!

HTH

JonKT

After browsing through a few pictures in some old magazines, I'd say that starting from an olive drab would be the best choice. The colour is browner and darker than the Tamiya XF-61, maybe adding some dark brown to it would do. Otherwise a brown olive drab shade might do. Alternatively you might try some of the paints sold as RLM 81, that too is quite a dark and brownish olive. One thing I noticed in the pictures is that this paint seem to weather to an even browner shade.

Giorgio