Alvis CVR(T) FV107 Scimitar

Andy Mullen

I have started on the first of the many builds planned for the next couple of months for various Group Builds.

First up is my first "real" Armour build. It will be OOB and and in a Desert scheme (Unit/time frame unknown at the moment).

Box contents and shot of started chassis.

AFV_Scimitar_001_001.jpg

Edited by Andy Mullen

Excellent. If you want an interesting diorama, I could tell you the story of a workmate of mine who drove one off the edge of a mountain in Bosnia.....

Nice choice of build Andy, i built that kit years ago, when my modelling skills were about as good as a monkeys, and all i can remember is that it was a great kit to build.

Oh also did you check to see if the metal barrel was in the box, as after i bought mine i found out that it was missing and had to fashoin one from some wood.

Looks like the unit included in the kit, is the 14/20th Kings's Hussars, 4th Armd Bde, from Op "Desert Sabre" Feb 1991 Saudi Arabia and Kuwait.

Oliver, yes barrel & PE is there. I had a panic when I opened mine as well. They stick them in the bag with the decals in, and didn't see mine until I picked them up.

Main assembly completed, and a base colour of Humbrol #121 applied. Gun barrel and vinyl tracks have had Alclad Steel applied. Need to do some touch ups, mainly round the turret base plate, and paint the rubber of the roadwheels and other parts.

AFV_Scimitar_001_002.jpg

AFV_Scimitar_001_003.jpg

Edited by Andy Mullen

Guest Cop

Flippin Heck! You do work quick. I'm still waiting for some bits for mine and you've nearly finished. Looking forward to the finished product.

Nigel.

Flippin Heck! You do work quick. I'm still waiting for some bits for mine and you've nearly finished. Looking forward to the finished product.

Nigel.

Sure Does the GB hasn't even Started yet

He is Keen ,

Go for it Andy :analintruder:

And shes done for now. I thought I had better take photos now, put her in the display case and leave her alone, as the nicotine withdrawal syptoms start to kick in. I have knocked the wing mirrors off countless times and the vinyl tracks were a bugger to get on.

I may, at some stage in the future, flatten the finish somewhat, especially around the black rubber areas. Maybe even add some dust and dirt, and do a proper desert base.

AFV_Scimitar_001_007.jpg

AFV_Scimitar_001_008.jpg

AFV_Scimitar_001_009.jpg

AFV_Scimitar_001_010.jpg

AFV_Scimitar_001_011.jpg

AFV_Scimitar_001_012.jpg

AFV_Scimitar_001_013.jpg

AFV_Scimitar_001_014.jpg

Edited by Andy Mullen
  • Like 1

Glad you like it :speak_cool:

Excellent build. One question: The wash. Did you gloss cote/klear it first or did you put the wash straight on to the matt finish?

Andy

Andy, as a matter of habit from building aircraft, as soon as the base colour had cured, a coat of Klear was applied. The wash is a mix of Winsor & Newton Paynes Grey, Burnt Sienna, Raw Umber and a bit of Lamp Black, in a carrier of White Spirits. When cleaned up I sprayed a coat of Pollyscale Flat.

• 2 weeks later...