McLaren MP4/5B

Skii

bloody hell, that looks stunning.

* looks forlornly at boxed tamiya Maclaren... gives up and goes home *

:(

Thats brilliant John, a really soooooper build, but come on own up just 'ow much is this GB costing you? if you don't mind me asking!

Pete

Probably in total, including the kit itself around £85 :shocked:

Not a kit I can afford to make a pigs ear of !

J

Awesome CF decalling Skii. How do you manage it? Particularly the side pod ducting.

Grant

Easy peasy mate

Apply tape to sidepod, gently cut to shape with a sharp blade, remove tape - apply to back of CF decal sheet, cut to shape - apply ;)

Probably the easiest part of this build actually !

j

You make it sound so easy!

I have some large (2*4cm and bigger) to apply to compound curves, which is leaving me with lots of wrinkles. But, a few hours after my last post, and some more Micro Sol later things are looking better. The stuff certainly transforms the model, so I shall be persevering.

cheers

Grant

'Probably in total, including the kit itself around £85

Not a kit I can afford to make a pigs ear of !'

blimey charlie - another £40 and you could pick up the 1/12 reissue...

'Probably in total, including the kit itself around £85

Not a kit I can afford to make a pigs ear of !'

blimey charlie - another £40 and you could pick up the 1/12 reissue...

Yeah, but if you got the 1/12 re-issue you then have to look at the £200 ish worth of detailing kits, like here Posh Expensive Detailing Kits :o:D

Russ

That bodyshell looks superb with the decals on :thumbsup2::thumbsup2: lovely job!

Glad you've gone for the Marlboro decals rather than those crappy black lines that replaced it at EU tracks... One thing I always found really weird with the tobacco ban. From somewhere in the early 80's the cars had replacement decals put on, and the mechanics had tape over the logo's etc, etc, but the circuits (silverstone in particular) had Marlboro adverts around them until at least the late 1990's...

Karl.

Skii your a git ..breaking the tobacco advertising laws

I have a house full of 15 year olds I said look how uncle John builds a car ..they just saw it and rushed out and bought 200 Marlboro's

I also went out and bought 200 Malboro's :analintruder:

As usual John Great stuff ..keep up the good work

thanks peeps, glad you approve, that Zero Mclaren red is bright stuff eh ;)

Next 2 mist coats of zero laquer (which I was less impressed with) followed by 2 wet coats of Halfords lacquer sanded smooth with 1500 grit and micromesh polishing cloths and finally car polishing wax

et voila

polished2.jpg

polished3.jpg

polished1.jpg