Heritage Aviation Mosquito

You're making a bloody good job of that Graham, and Ian made a smart move adding your content to his site. You'll be pleased to know that Heritage Aviation is the latest member of our Vendors section too :D

Here is my attempt to correct the engines so it has a flat face for the prop, I used 30thou plastic card cut to the same size as the spinner (poorly I may add as I stink at cutting circles) :lol: then using milliput filled in the gap and as seen smoothed it out around the nacelle. It has still to be sanded to shape but the idea is there.

engineend.JPG

engineend1.JPG

Graham.

• 2 weeks later...

I have glued to prop blades into their housing, sanded the nacells also I have started on the main legs by drilling out the holes to pin the wheels and started the cleaning up process.

finishedprops.JPG

eNGINESm2.JPG

gearlegs.JPG

Graham.

Thanks guys, more work in the bay I have added the oil tank and some pipes I will leave it at this as when the doors are on not much else would be seen.

oiltank3.JPG

Graham.

Hi guys I have managed to start work on her again this time it's the unglamorous work but necessary as I bringing both wings up to the same standard. I have the MV lens in the wing as the landing light it's turned yellow with age but I am going to use it anayway. I do the work on one part and when I feel it is right then I progress to the other, I am going on a shift pattern soon so it means I might have a little more time to work on the Mossie :D

underwing1.jpg

underwing2.jpg

Graham.

Edited by Graham

Here is the canopy fitted but I chickened out, I spoke to Ian and he got me in touch with Mark who does the builds for him and he fitted it for me THANKS MARK. I had an attempt at it but I cut it a bit short so rather than botch the whole job I asked and received some help, I’m am a very happy bunny and I now look forward to making some real progress.

canopy1.jpg

canopy2.jpg

canopy3.jpg

canopy4.jpg

Graham.

Decided to add a bit more detail to the rudder, I copied and enlarged the Tamiya plans then copied it onto the thinnest plastic card that I had, cut it out, glued and sanded it.

tailfin6.jpg

Tailfin5.jpg

Graham.

Added some tissue paper over the rudder for that fabric effect, cut to size and soaked in liquid poly now to leave it over night.

ttail1.jpg

Graham.

Edited by Graham