If you're one of the gradually reducing number of folks that aren't currently receiving notifications to topics you've subscribed to, or PMs you're receiving, first check you've got the correct address in your profile, then drop in and post your experience in this thread, remembering to tell us your email provider's details, which is the part after the @ in your email address.
Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'resin nose correction'.
Found 1 result
Hello there! it's been awhile since my last WIP here. I want now to share some pictures of my current build. A few weeks before AMK announced a new Mig-25 kit, I decided to start my Kitty hawk kit. And this, because of my friend Christophe who did a nice job on his own build: http://fighters.forumactif.com/t75195-mig-25-foxbat-kitty-hawk-1-48 I want to depict an Iraqi fighters from the first Gulf War: http://www.aviationgraphic.com/airplanes/335-mig-25pds-foxbat-25211-iraf-tc-206.html So, maybe you know that this kit is controversial because of its many flaws: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234950939-kitty-hawk-mig-25pdpds-detailing-corrections/ Some of them are not that serious and easily fixable, others won't be treated at all... But, to my eyes there are some points that need serious work in order to depict the correct rendering of this brutal plane. Radome and exhausts are the most critical to me. I will start with the radome. Kitty hawk totally botched this area. The radome section is weird shaped, with a "square rounded" cross section instead of a perfectly round one. Also, the cross section at its base is more wide than high. Moreover, the profile is not symmetrical, and the radome seems to be "down curved ". So, based on scale drawing, I CAD designed a nose cone. While being maybe not 100% accurate, it will be more convincing. And perfectly round :rolleyes:/>/>/> Then, thanks to "Shapeways" https://www.shapeways.com/I ordered a 3D printed sample: The surface is pretty rough, and need some Surfacer to get smooth: Because of the weird cross section of the kit, I had to add material on top of the fuselage in order to get a circle section. Sanding is also needed to smooth down some angles. After sanding and surfacing: Some work is also needed here, in order to get a good fit to the cockpit section: After more scribing and cleaning job, the parts are ready for casting: Et voilà! Thats all for now. The cockpit is finished, pictures soon. For now Im painting the wheel bays. Do not hesitate to leave comments and critiques. Always welcome. Cheers Romain