Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Switched Identities 18/06/17If you are still having problems logging in and remaining under your own username following the DDoS attack last week, you need to log off, clear your browser's cache, and restart your browser to ensure you clear all the old files from your temporary area. Then you should be sorted.
Search the Community: Showing results for tags 'black shadow'.
Found 1 result
A long while since I posted any builds and thought I would share my latest project. Not the normal bike build for me as I'm used to fairings and solid wheels but the intention is to build an exact copy of my dads 1953 Vincent Rapide Series C. Not a standard Rapide by any means but externally the Matchbox/Revell Black shadow is a good base to start with. Lots of chrome parts, I think the chrome plater went a little crazy and in fact the fork blades had been chromed before my dad even got the bike. For the Vincent aficionados the internals were actually brought up to Black Lightning spec so in fact it was a Vincent White Lightning! Very few reference photos of this bike and the best one shown above. So the build... I picked up a Matchbox kit on fleabay and had intended to make 2 simultaneously, so 1 for dad and 1 for me. Picked up a Revell Vincent a few weeks later which is essentially the same kit. By the way if you get a choice I would go for the Matchbox as this was original molds and the later Revell offering has shallow detail and shows tired moldings. So made a start a few weeks ago and have the main lump done. All fixings replaced with RB Motion as I will throughout this build. Also turning a few pieces from ali myself and trying to talk Rob @ RB Motion into turning some custom intake trumpets for the carbs. The usual bugbear for this kit being oversize spokes which my first attempt to replace I'm not that happy with.. I tried to make them without a jig and simply cut a few of the spokes out and replaced with tin copper wire as I went, this kept the hub central but leaves a seam when you join the 2 halves and a real pain to smooth out. These will be okay for this build and I can replace the wheels later with a wheel set with turned hubs and separate rims. Only other product out of the stable worth showing is the tank which is glossed but not polished. I have to add 2 petrol taps (normal and reserve) and filler caps etc. More to follow. Cheers Doc