Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'T800'.
Found 2 results
Here's my Kenworth done. I couldn't get any outside pictures because of the low sun and the extreme cold. Here's the link to the build of it. http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235013976-kw-t800-with-reefer-trailer/&page=2&tab=comments#comment-2907201
My next project, another commission, is a 1/25 mid 2000s Kenworth T800 with a 2015 Utility 3000R trailer. The company is a local Winnipeg company called D.R.B transport, maintained by Boyko & Sons. They refurbish/restore older pre 2006 Kenworth Aerocabs and a few flat tops, a lot cheaper than new and a lot less problems than the new rigs. They use them for reefer runs from Winnipeg to Calgary, Edmonton and Regina mostly. They also use tri-axle dropdeck platform trailers. In 2005, I was lucky to go along for two reefer trips to Calgary. The fleet is up to thirty trucks. This one will be #129, at this time, the most recent in use.The trailer is brand new. I built them two truck/trailer models several years ago. The models this time will be the Mobius reefer trailer and the Revell Snap Kw Aerodyne with a modified AMT T600 cab/sleeper and a hood from Plaskit. The engine is a 34oh6 cat, so I can use the snap kit's engine. I'm starting with the trailer. It needs a few mods. I need to make the newest Thermo King Precedent reefer, make new trailer doors with the optional diamond quilted pattern and make a third axle. The Mobius smooth sided reefer trailer comes with a roll up door and the swing doors. The swing doors are mostly for the reefer option. Mobius also offers wheels sets for the trucks, so you can use the spares for the third axle and whatever else. The first picture shows a few fit issues with the floor. I lined up the front and layed the floor onto the walls. I had to tweak the last two sets of line up pins and notches. I started at the front because of the round front corners. I realize now I should have glued one wall at a time and glued some extra tabs on the inside where the wall meets the roof and floor. It's easy to push the wall in when picking it up. The second shows the floor being a little short under the rear doors.I have to make the rear have three taillights instead of two, so I'll be redoing most of the taillight area and will make it all fit up. Here's the doors with the surface details removed. I tried to save some of the details such as the hinges and latches. The long rods will be replaced with new rods. I drew out where the new hinges and door strap type things will go. The doors will end up a bit taller to. I couldn't figure out how to make the diamond pattern you see on the photo of the original. I heard of a cookie package with it, but most cookies come in sealed boxes now so I can't see what they look like. I did find at a bakery near me(not many of those anymore) who had a clam shell container made by Reynolds, it has True Vue 0220 N molded on it. I ended up paying $1.50 for one, since they only use them on certain things they make which weren't being made that day. They said they are expensive for them. I need to use two of them because it's not patterned throughout. If the doors didn't have the silver straps across them, I'd have some problems. Here I have the doors masked with tape, the tape will become the pattern I will use on the clam shell diamonds. I might put the trailer mostly together first, then paint the dull silver, the white and paint the diamonds last and hope to glue them on last without any problems, just a little paranoid about masking on the diamonds since I don't want to sand them since they will be Alcladed. Here's a picture of the actual truck #129 and the actual trailer. This company has a very recognizable attractive looking fleet.