In case you have missed the announcement, the reason that the forum has been slow at times since the minor version update the other day is due to a Denial of Service attack, brute force attack on our email, and judging by the lag with our FTP response, that too. If you're feeling like you're experiencing a glitch in the Matrix, you're not wrong. This is the same MO as the attack in September 2016 that occurred when we transitioned to the new version 4 of the software. We're currently working with US and UK cyber-crime departments, who specialise in this sort of thing, and we're hopeful that we'll be able to track them down this time by using the accumulated evidence already held. We are pretty certain that it's a continuation of the same attack last year, only at a reduced intensity to deter people from using the site "because it's terribly slow", rather than taking it down completely, and we're also sure of the motivations of those responsible. Spite. Please bear with us in the interim, and wish us luck in dealing with these.... "people".
Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Scratch build.'.
Found 1 result
This will be the fourth wip that I've got on the go at the moment. The first I'm still waiting for the enthusiasm to show it's face, the second is well advanced and the third is on hold while I'm waiting for some AM parts to arrive. So therefore I thought I'd resurrect this one. This is actually the first 1/35th scale armour model that I built around 12 years ago. It was built as an experiment to see if I liked this scale, and it worked. But as can be seen, my skills were very basic then. So several years later, I decided to have another go at it. To start with, I was just going to spruce it up a bit, but after some research, I thought that I'd enjoy the project if I did some extra work on it and turned it into another mark. The kit is a bit of a mixture. The decals supplied in the kit are for what I think is a Mk.lV with a D hull, but the kits hull is for an earlier B or C. This is defined by the engine deck hatches. So the mark I chose to rebuild it into is the MklVf. Apart from the changes to the engine deck, the drivers escape hatch needed to be rebuilt and there were some alterations to be done with the turret. So, this was the starting point. To be completely accurate for a MklVf, the double tow rope should be wound around a couple of brackets on the glacis plate, but in the original build I glued the camnet in place and it was going to cause too much damage to remove it, so hey ho! nothings perfect John.