Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Merit M19'.
Found 1 result
Bonkin posted a topic in Work in Progress - ArmourHaving returned to the hobby after a great many years and having a practice build on a few models, I decided it was time to embark on a project to model my Dad's British Army Diamond T tank transporter. He used to drive them during his time in the Army in the 1950's and my aim is to faithfully replicate "his" T. This means I'll be doing some minor modifications, including a little bit of scratch building and custom decals... neither of which are things I've ever attempted before. For the trailer I've purchased Accurate Armour's Dyson 50 Ton trailer - and working in resin is something I've not done either!https://accurate-armour.com/our-products/135th-kits/k168Just to add that I'm a very slow builder. I don't get huge amounts of time to devote to the hobby and I do tend to be away a lot with work. That said however, this is intended to be presented to my old man in a finished state whilst he still has all his marbles! This is him (on the left) with his No.2: And this picture is of one of the tractors in his company. Note the position of the mirrors and the gun hatch on top of the cab. Anyway, on with the kit. For the tractor I'm using Merit's 1/35 M19 kit. Having come from a 1970's Airfix background I'm finding the quality of the kit and packaging to be outstanding. Some of the parts are tiny... and my ageing eyes need extra magnification! Engine block goes together nicely. I've already spent a lot of time on my hands and knees searching for tiny bits of kit that have pinged out of my tweezers! These two parts are roughly 1mm across and fit onto the generator.I had to thin the belts in order to make everything fit. At first I thought it was a problem with the kit but I then realised I'd made a schoolboy error with the orientation. Luckily there is a spare belt because I broke one with a bit of over vigorous sanding. Tip: The longest side of the triangle should be in vertical. Clamping up to keep everything aligned whilst the glue sets... I'm thinking that I should prime and paint it before adding in the air and oil filters (which are different colours). I'm also considering whether I should add wiring looms, or whether that is a step too far for my skills. Work has also started on the chassis.